Honored Contributor

If you have a gardner on your gift list and are in a quandry about what to get, Zulily today has some really unusual and beautiful birdbaths.  They are mostly glass and are so attractive they also sell holders so they could be displayed inside.  Take a look.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Working with new Master Gardeners among the 2 rose gardens we oversee, I find many MGs do not own a decent pair of gauntlet length leather gloves to work among roses and other sharp pointed plants. I recommend a set of gloves by a NY based company called Womenswork dot com. Look for the style #383. You measure around the hand by measuring the circumference from thumb web to the pinky finger. I’ve had a pair for years and they are pretty much the only gloves I work with except for Mudd gloves. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Yes, @JustJazzmom, long gloves are pretty basic for anyone working with roses.  Even I have a pair.  Saves the arms.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Gardeners can always use extra gloves.  They wear out, get filthy and stiff.  Gauntlets are great for stickery bushes.  Getting stuck can not be only be painful, but you can get an infection as well.