Esteemed Contributor

Re: Geese deterrent suggestions

Call an exterminator to get rid of them ... the # of geese will just keep multiplying..... the more geese you have the more “green poop” you will have!!! ..... they are very nasty birds & will attack you when they start to lay eggs.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@x Hedge A CAT?   Geese are huge birds and they travel in flocks.  8 - 10 big birds vs one cat = dead ******

To be fair, it'd have to be the right cat. Wish I could attach video of BabaLou skulking and pouncing out of hiding in the grass. I'm telling you, he'd be leaping, and holding on, entertaining himself by going for rides on their backs!! 

Honored Contributor

Our former neighbors property has been taken over by wild geese.  The new owners have apparently done nothing to discourage them, and what started out as 2, have grown to a flock of nearly 60 in less than 10 years.   

Respected Contributor

They are nuisances. Once they get upper hand they are hard to get away. And in our area they are protected. Against law to even destroy eggs. Stupid. I think school in area out out wolf cutouts so they wouldn’t come on their running track.
Respected Contributor

Federal office buildings and grounds in the Wash DC/Md/VA area hire border collie owners to keep the geese at bay.   One dog shows up with a handler, and the crowd of geese can't seem to get away fast enough.

The number of geese in DC, seen along the Potomac River and on federal parkland, is pretty amazing.

We even have some in our relatively new neighborhood down here in Georgia.  I've seen a few around the central common area of the community and  sometimes see them flying and honking overhead.

Geese poop has made a mess of the sidewalk at our local YMCA gym facility, but I never see the geese or  the poop...only the sidewalk stains left behind. 

Chase the beasts away if you can.

Respected Contributor

DOG.  As suggested, Border Collies are terrific working dogs and golf courses do use them to control Canada geese where we live.