Esteemed Contributor

I watch...but I don't buy plants anymore. I have been disappointed each time.

Esteemed Contributor

I've got my order in for Philip's sunpatiens and the container strawberries.  Since they don't ship until May, I might still cancel.  Has anyone had any luck with these?

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I've got my order in for Philip's sunpatiens and the container strawberries.  Since they don't ship until May, I might still cancel.  Has anyone had any luck with these?

I have purchased Philip's sunpatiens many times and have always had success with them.  I noticed last year that Home Depot carried them and offered a variety of colors so added 3 of them to my garden.  HD's and Philip's both did very well, maybe give a slight edge in size attained to HD.

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I have purchased Philip's sunpatiens many times and have always had success with them.  I noticed last year that Home Depot carried them and offered a variety of colors so added 3 of them to my garden.  HD's and Philip's both did very well, maybe give a slight edge in size attained to HD.

@chlema   Thanks, think I will keep my order in Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

After the way Barbara King's company treated me last year and would not give me a refund and was very disrespectable in their emails I will never order from her again.

You can't send out plants early that won't even bloom for over a year and then only refund your money if its only been a year. 

I listened to her refund policy today that they will do anything to please ah no they won't!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the plant presentations but not those for garden tchotchkes.  I just like to see the plants and hear what the vendors have to say about them, but I only buy locally..

Frequent Contributor

That's horrible and Q should be aware of that.   Good to know how her company handles their customers.   Hope Barbara reads these forums as a wake up call.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the shows off and on. I bought a couple of Barbara King items from the website but I thought there was a lot of clearance, too.

My experience with buying plants from QVC vendors hasn't been very successful. Now I buy locally so I can see what I'm getting and support my local economy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 I didn't have any success with the strawberries. I was very disappointed. I ordered plants from another company (not QVC) and those plants were much larger and actually produced strawberries.

Trusted Contributor

There have been a few new items here and there, but nothing that has really caught my attention.

I did buy a few things that I have had my eye on since last season, so I'll be happy with those items if I don't find anything else.  I also found some cute things at TJ Maxx last week.

Regarding QVC's items -- I know inflation is very real right now, but the price hikes on some of their things are ridiculous.  I even found the SAME item listed twice, but for two very different prices.  It's for the Marigold Quirky Critter Planters.  I bought the butterflies last year.  I can't remember the price, but I think they were around $27.  They are listed now as $31.  No big deal. However, there is a NEW listing for them (they added some other ones as well) and now they are $47 dollars per set!  That's a ridiculous increase, especially when the butterflies are listed at two different pricepoint. 

I don't know -- It seems that a lot of research must be done these days before making a purchase. Smiley Frustrated