Contributor

Garden tool offered some time back

Does anyone remember the "digger" offered some time back.  It was not only a digger but was very functional for scooping etc., etc..  I copied the number but can't find it and it is nowhere on the website. May have sold out but thought I could get it from the vendor.  It was a woman who demonstrated it

Thank you so much for any h

Contributor

Re: Garden tool offered some time back

Weird!!!!   Cut off.

Thank you for any help is what I was trying to say!

Lizzie

Esteemed Contributor

@Lizzie You may be referring to the Golden Gark 3-in-1 rake, shovel, and sifter.  I have one and hardly ever use it. It's very awkward to use as it's heavy and the handle is quite long for someone of my height (5'5") to hold properly. I dropped in an image of The Golden Gark below. 

On the otherhand, I LOVE the Spearhead Spade, which initially I thought was going to be no better than any other excellent shovel.  Boy, was that an incorrect perception. I've done a lot more separating and transplanting in my garden since purchasing the Spearhead as those tasks are now a breeze to accomplish.  Last year I dug up an entire well established rose garden and replanted in another using the Spearhead.  It was a piece of cake!

Image result for golden gark multi-purpose 3-in-1 rake images

Contributor

Thank you so much but this is a hand digger.  I knew I should have ordered right away but that made too much sense.    I'm trying to plant roses and digging  out old lilllies.   I am so disgusted with myself!

Trusted Contributor

@Lizzie you can try searching eBay or Amazon to see if what you are looking for comes up when you search "digger tool". I have the spearhead garden shovel and love it. I'm trying to convince myself I don't need another one since it's now on clearance. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lizzie wrote:

Thank you so much but this is a hand digger.  I knew I should have ordered right away but that made too much sense.    I'm trying to plant roses and digging  out old lilllies.   I am so disgusted with myself!

@Lizzie It's no longer available at QVC, but you may be referring to the Dirty Little Digger.  You should be able to find it elsewhere if this is the one. I purchased from the catalog/online garden store Gardener's Supply Company.  I love mine, and if you find one I think you'll agree that it's a terrific little hand tool for a gardener to have.    

Honored Contributor

@Lizzie. Could it be this tool, which is called a shovel?  M56539?

1. Screenshot_20180529-013256.jpg
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Was it the hori hori?  Martha Stewart offered one but they are readily available on amazon as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trix @Lizzie  This is the best tool ever!  I purchased mine from QVC just before they stopped selling it. My landscapers were putting in raised beds for mini hosta plants, which I had on order. The mini hostas arrived about two weeks ago and I used this bigger digger (in your photo, Trixx) to plant them, along with colorful heucheas (coral bells). Worked like a dream! 

This tool worked so well I stopped at my favorite nursery and purchased a red bleeding heart, a dwarf spirea, and a dwarf hydrangea which I also planted. Didn't use a shovel in the new raised beds at all. Moved my iris . . . easy peasy . . . and they bloomed! Plan on additional filler plantings this week. Many bulbs will be planted in August/September. Smiley Happy

Edited: Walmart has the Bigger Digger for $19.98 in green. Found it on-line. HTH

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @Lizzie   If looking for a great smaller shovel with a life-time guarantee, I bought one at Ace Hardware. I'd been leery of buying one on clearance, even though it looked like a good deal. Try Item 7235120 for $31.99 by Fiskers. Very similar to the one Kachina pictured above, but no S&H. HTH.

Money screams; wealth whispers.