Esteemed Contributor

Re: Garden shows

[ Edited ]

@hayseed00  Thanks, have spent many yrs  clomping around Ellicottville .Bought my last ski boots at Dekdebruns .  We used to dine often  at  Dina's . I always buy plently of Watson's  sponge candy

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44  I got my basil seeds from John Sheepers!

Respected Contributor

I enjoy the gardening shows, and some items do tempt me but not the plants that get too big since my garden is already well established.

We have fine local nurseries, so it makes no sense for me to be ordering online and risk a plant which has been subjected to the stress of shipping.  However...Last year I got some hummingbird mint which were nice for the summer but I'm pretty sure they won't re-sprout this spring. They looked quite dead at the end of the summer.

Seems to me if you order qvc plants early on you get a better price and free shipping than if you order later in the spring. Those shows often exaggerate what the plant will look like for most gardeners. But still fun to watch and dream.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Garden shows

[ Edited ]

Lots of Live garden shows today on QVC 2

Carolyn is on now with her Patio & Garden Show, then at 5:00 PM (ET) it's Plow & Hearth. 

Leah comes on from 6:00 PM (Roberta's, and then Unique Gardens) to 9:00 PM.

Then it's new host Monifa Days with more outdoor living and garden shows to end the day. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love the garden shows. A relief from the shoes, mattresses and gym items.