Super Contributor

Garden shows start next week and so does Valerie! Very excited. I live in western NY and it has taken me all day to shovel out. Need to see some garden stuff!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Garden shows

[ Edited ]

@fingerlakesny  how's the skiing at Holiday Valley  ? Has the lake effect snow machine kicked in as yet ?

Honored Contributor

@fingerlakesny   Thank you for the reminder.  My family in Western New York are also digging out today - and will be again tomorrow since it's still coming down.  They live very close to Lake Ontario and had received 11" by early this morning.

Super Contributor

Hi Skatting22, I think all the lakes have kicked in! It is still coming down.

Esteemed Contributor

@fingerlakesny  Yes! I'm really looking forward to the garden and Valerie shows!  I love to plan my garden in January, and the flower and plant shows help me to decide what new items I want to add to my beds. I've already ordered some tomato and basil seeds from some of the catalogs. Just for the patio. Don't overdo it with the shoveling!

Esteemed Contributor

@fingerlakesny  Thanks, usually Hubby and I  try to arrive just before a big  storm so we can  visit family  & watch it snow then have a glorious week of skiing  . I love western NY  and all the fingerlakes . Have done wine tours in yrs past.

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44  We also live in WNY and have about 15/16 inches of snow.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

I too look forward to spring planting . I've already ordered my Spring bulbs from  John Scheepers . I just wish QVC would  have a vendor film from say Holland Michigan as they have beautiful fields of tulips. It is more inspiring to see some landscapes of the flowers QVC is selling rather than just a  single potted plant .

Esteemed Contributor

To all you posters who live in NY and eastern states..........so sorry you have to deal with all that snow.  Stay safe and well !!

I'm in NW Ohio and the snow has consistently missed us......not that I'm complaining.

However, keep wondering if we're going to get dumped on later and then delay spring.  Sure hope not!

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44  Holiday Valley is going strong this week especially with all the snow.  Ellicottville, NY is a great village to visit.  We go there often.