Esteemed Contributor

Re: Garden pics and projects

@Desertdi , I share your love for rocks.  We have granite everywhere here.  I too have lugged rock all around the property (and have the injuries to prove it🙄.  

It must be challenging to grow in in those conditions.  My brother lives in Kamloops, British Columbia.  The first time I visited him I was surprised how desert like it was. My SIL can’t grow anything because it is so dry (and she doesn’t have the time to explore options as she is still working).

Rhododendrons love pine.  I have had limited success with them here.  We have pine we planted and Rhodos love pine but they are under canopy of large oak trees so not enough sun.  Every time I am ready to throw out struggling Rhodos, DH rescues them, plants them in some obscure part of the property and they thrive.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom    Oh....I LOVE my rocks, too.    I could have bought some from a landscaper...........but NO........I had to go get some really weather-beaten, prehistoric looking, odd shaped things from nature!     I had a really old car with one of those big trunks..........and I can't remember HOW MANY trips I made to haul them home.

I also like to "move them around".........but they seem to be getting heavier and heavier(!!)   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Having been to Peggy’s Cove years ago, I understand the boulders! Loved those beach roses in that area.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom  Thanks for your posts and keep them coming! I always stop mid-mouse scroll when I see one of your picture posts. They are inspiring and always beautiful! It's good to know the deer didn't get every flower in North America! You mentioned liking one of your decks to read. When on earth do you get the time?!?

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom , thank you!  I swim usually two times a day, one long swim in the morning and again to cool off in the afternoon.. in really hot weather, we are in the water 3-4 times a day.  

If the weather permits, I try to make time during the weekends for reading by the lake.  I don’r work in the gardens on the weekends.

@JustJazzmom , I knew you would get the reference to granite and Pegg’s Cove.  You are aware we are working on a community project.  We visited a quarry two days ago to choose a giant rock to act as an address marker on a street corner.  Did I have rock envy!  Wow, I could have loaded a couple of dump trucks and happily carted them off.

Here is our rock, 6’ all around.  The photo doesn’t do it justice.  The coloration is very nice.  LM

38A3F7D7-9C92-47A7-B9F7-3696077D08E3.jpeg