Honored Contributor

Always try to find your gardening pictures. So peaceful, but oh, how hard you must work to achieve the look. Most the lots in our area run about a half acre, and when neighbors have mulch delivered, it covers their driveway. You must order it by the dump truck!

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to read your sad report about Lily.  I'm sure life around your homestead and gardens won't be the same without her.  What a wonder, happy life she had there in doggy utopia though with her own lake, big yard to roam and such loving parents.  Will you be adding a new pup? 

Garden is awakening and looking good.  It's a great time to admire the statuary since there are low plants and the view of it is unobstructed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 

I am so sorry to read about your loss of Lily.  I can empathize with you having lost 4 pups during our marriage.

Your gardens are lovely as usual.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful.  

Could you tell me the name of this tree?  

39F8BFA5-C590-48C9-93A9-0BBCB8F81241.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia @Desertdi @LindaSal @Tennesseegal @Kachina624 @lulu1 we were truly heartbroken to lose Lily even though at her age we knew it was somewhere close in the future.  Lily was our third Lab and it is our experience that when they fail they go so quickly.  She started having seizures.  They were weeks apart and then became more frequent.  Thank God we were able to have her looked after immediately after we made the decision in these times of Covid.  She passed in my arms.

She had a perfect Lab life here by the lake and was a neighbourhood personality meeting the school bus kids every morning with her treasured stick to being home.  That stick only left her mouth to get a treat.  When she exhausted her stick pile, DH would take the pile back down the street for her to bring home all over again...daily for 14 years.

We are keeping busy outside which is a good thing and we feel a bit better every day.  Thank you all for your kind words.  S

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 , I've been thinking about you since you shared your loss with us.  It's a devastation I understand.  The part about the stick is particularly touching.

I'm glad you have the comfort (and distraction) of your garden.  The echo of Liliy's spirit lives on there.

Meanwhile, I'll be down here in the states, working my 1/2 acre plot, trying to make the world a greener place one day at a time.  Hang in there.  I always enjoy your pictures.

969088B5-B390-47AC-BF4B-E81FE1055874.jpeg

Peace and Love from Sweetbay to Lilysmom

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Foxxee , this is a Crimson Lace red maple.  Very nice tree, colourful when fully leafed out.  S

Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia ❤️, thank you.

I would love to see some photos of your garden!  S

Honored Contributor
@Lilysmom1, so very sorry to read of Lily's passing.
Your gardens are beautiful.
Thank you for posting the lovely photos of them.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 , thank you❤️.  We are busy outside.  So nice to be in the garden again.  S