Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, in our area one the grasses have been most negatively affected by the cool spring and winter before it.  They are very late starting and some won’t make it.  I got rid of all my tall grasses as they were overtaken by evergreens.  That was a deliberate plan as the grasses are so hard to cut back as they got huge.

Hope you get some rain.  We are have had a couple of good soaks in the last two weeks and the garden has grown a foot I’m sure.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess, aren’t they lovely?  Part of the onion family.  They are planted as bulbs.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP, have you tried Russian sage and Allium?  They are deer resistant and add a great pop of color.

I love juniper, as you can see.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Garden pics Jun 27/18

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom @HLP  Have read up on how to care for the bee balms, but thanks for reinforcing the trimming and cutting back. That's exactly what I plan to do. I bought three colors: red, purple and something else (perhaps yellow or orange?). I honestly don't remember! 

Wonder why the golden barberry are so difficult to find in so many states? Oh well, I've already spent too much on my landscaping this year! Have my Wish List going for 2019 already. Smiley Happy 

Don't know how to post pictures on these sites. Tried to post a picture of some dresses for my nieces wedding in May and failed miserably! Homegirl tried to help. She finally found them on the Dillard's site. Don't think it's going to happen with my learning curve!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom  Your statuary is fabulous . . . especially the Easter Island piece! I have a smaller one, but not nearly as lovely. My inlaws had a spectatular one, too. Don't find those amazing pieces often. Treasure it!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady, the Barbary are expensive here.  It is because they are slow growing so the nurseries must keep them a long time before they get to marketable size.

Love bee balm.  I have red and purple.    The red do much better but that may be because I got i poor plant in the purple.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Dazlin, our heat is just starting.  I don’t have one rose bush.  For some reason, I think they are fussy.  LM

Lily, yes the Rose's are extremely fussy, but I would think in Canada they would like the cooler weather.  I know you said your having a heat spell now, but doesn't last last 8 mos😓.

Its said Rose's are a bit difficult to care for here in Florida 

..its just sooo verrrrry humid and rainy. I have 12 bushes now.  I enjoy keeping after them, but I get a little OCD with picking off unhealthy leaves and deadheading.   Thx for your lovely pics...its so fun to be in the garden...I thank God for the nature He has provided for us!   Right now, we have a momma deer with 2 babies , a bunny, hummers, and cardinals and more, and this morning this HUGE tortoise camping under my car!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin, your wildlife sounds lovely.  We don’t see cardinals here although they do occur in some areas of our Province.  

The sun is shining and our Canada Day weekend looks to be lovely so I will be swimming in our lake and working in the garden.  It’s our first heatwave of the year so we welcome it!  Happy weekend.  LM

Honored Contributor

There is a feeling of total relaxation that comes over me when I view your photos. Our temperatures are over 95 so all I did today was water the plants.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG, we are supposed to be getting hot weather this weekend.  It is about 70 at in the early morning hours so I think it’s coming!  Looking forward to some easy garden jobs today and swimming.  Happy weekend!  LM