Super Contributor

As an avid gardner myself - thank you so much for sharing your BEAUTIFUL gardens!

Trusted Contributor

WOW! @Lilysmom  Very beautiful and thank you for identifying the various plants!

It is so nice to see different types of plants that I am unfamiliar with. I turned down a street called Sea Holly yesterday but those plants do not grow here.

I had no idea what they looked like, and now I do!

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom  What a glorious sight for the eyes.  Thank you for the photos.  I cannot imagine all the time, effort and labor you put into this piece of land, but you have turned it into a masterpiece.

Congratulations.

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

Lilysmom. Smiley Happy

Beautiful photos!

Do I see Lilyturf in one of your photos? I can grow pretty much anything with success, but my Lilyturf aren't growing full (mine are varigated). They seem to like full shade- hates the sun, or partial sun. 

Any tips? FYI, I grow in organic soil (in pots), & use Espoma organic Plant Tone to fertilize. They are 3 years old, so they should be big & full at this point. 

This thought came to mind-- do you have any nut trees near it? Sometimes certain plants do not do well with nut trees on the property.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Justjazzmom

Thanks for response about my Lilyturf. I don't have any nut trees (but that would be lovely!)

My varigated Lilyturf look NOTHING like the photo at the Monrovia site. Mine grow, have decent color, but never get FULL. They have me stumped....Heart

Honored Contributor

Lovely! Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@spot555, have you fertilized your grass?  That might help.  LM

Honored Contributor

@spot555

I am in the Seattle area and I have no luck with Lilyturf either,  I planted three Japanese Forest Grass recently so I will see how they do.  

Honored Contributor

I love my Japanese Hakone grass (Japanese forest grass). My variety is called 'Naomi' which has burgundy tinted leaves once the cooler weather comes. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@spot555, have you fertilized your grass?  That might help.  LM

Yes, I did....I've tried everything. It "lives" but never looks like much.