IMG_0099.JPG

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Garden Walkabout July 16/18

fullsizeoutput_c5.jpeg

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia, that is gorgeous!  Love that you have the red maple close so you can enjoy the beautiful color.  The garden doesn’t look little to me.  So many beautiful trees.  Thanks for posting.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia, looks so private.  The hydrangeas are lovely.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, the ferns are wild.  I love them too.  Mother nature’s gift.

The Lab needs something big in her mouth.  DH has a big pile of sticks that Lily picks up and brings home on her walk.  When they are all home, he takes them back and she brings them home again.  Everyone knows Lily with her sticks.  The bigger, the better.  A new big stick is the best treat for her.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin, I bought the ornamental stuff that could take four seasons.  No way was I going to trot the them in and out every year.  They look beautiful in the snow.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay, I think you mean the picture 5th from the bottom.  If so, that is a dapple willow.  It is pink and white.

The dog, well she is a real personality and rules the yard.  If there is a leaf or a twig out of place on her yard tours, she has a hissy fit😀.  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom  OMG!  You face a lake?  How wonderful and your garden is truly beautiful.  The best part of it all - your little dog (how sweet).  Thank you for sharing these photos.  I would love to come over and sit outside facing the lake sipping a lemonade (maybe with a touch of vodka).  lol  Truth be told,  I have not had an alcoholic drink in 6 years due to medication I was taking!  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  Another beautiful garden.  It seems very peaceful where you live.  I sure miss digging in the dirt.  I have a deck now and I do have hanging flowers and pots w/flowers on the deck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1, It is peaceful here.  I sat on the front porch when viewing the house, and thought, "a peaceful and quiet life is here".  This after seeing the beautiful trees.

Not sure my neighbors would always call me peaceful and quiet, but I do have my moments.

Container gardening is very fun!

@Lilysmom, garden on.  Your compositions are very inspirational.

Cogito ergo sum