Esteemed Contributor
I used the Epsom salt today on my tomatoes. Thanks for the tip Jazz!
Honored Contributor
How much Epsom Salt do you use on a rose bush or tomato plant?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
How much Epsom Salt do you use on a rose bush or tomato plant?

From this website:http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/epsom-salt-gardening.htm

It lists application amounts in the article.

I use about a half a cup around most of my roses and tomatoes.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Tip Of The Day!!

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's good advice.  I first heard it a couple years ago and since have looked for it in the baking aisle of the supermarket - with other salts.  Then someone told me it's in the aisle with OTC drugs and health care items.  I don't believe it's sold in garden stores.

Epson Salts is an old tried and true treatment for swollen feet, swollen joints and general aches and pains. My great grandmother, grandmother, mother and now all of us youngers use on a regular basis. There is no spa treatment ever invented that does what a cup of Espon Salts poured into a bathtub of very warm water does. Magnesium is a muscle relaxant and after soaking in this wonderful salts you feel wonderful and sleep like a baby. For sore, tired, swollen feet, a small tub of warm water and Epson Salts feels like a million bucks. Works, good for your body and cheap. I keep a box handy all the time. When my sons were home and playing sports they absolutely loved to relax in the tub and soak. They usually fell asleep. Get's the soreness out. That's why it's located in the OTC isle. 

Yes, using in the garden has been a stable for many years. Nice thread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in southern maine, my two tomato plants are about 5 ft tall, fruit on them, used epsom salts on them when planted, also other fertlizer made for them,all was well,until this past weekend, i used the new miracle grow system,that you use ,so you can use your regular hose, my plants are dying,makes me sick. I always keep epsom salts around,if you get sick,making a hot bath,adding them to your bath,just makes you feel better.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Goldensrbest, isn't that maddening.  All the anticipation!  The crows usually get my beefsteak tomatoes just as they turn red.  LM

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

I'm not sure if you have done this but keep flushing the plants to get the solution to dilute greater. How much nitrogen (the first number on the bottle) is that Miracle Gro System??

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmomThank you for this for the garden.  I will explain to my roses that they will have you to thank once I apply it this weekend.  

It's great taken (by humans) in capsule form also.  Calming, muscle relaxant, including the heart.  Also helps with "charlie horses" - muscle cramps in your legs.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@JustJazzmomThank you for this for the garden.  I will explain to my roses that they will have you to thank once I apply it this weekend.  

It's great taken (by humans) in capsule form also.  Calming, muscle relaxant, including the heart.  Also helps with "charlie horses" - muscle cramps in your legs.

You should never ingest Espson Salts...it is very concentrated and will damage your kidneys. I hope Homegirl was talking about magnesium in capsule form which is a calming mineral and a wonderful muscle relaxant.

Honored Contributor

My peppers & tomatoes are looking greener & healthier already.

Thanks for the heads up JustJazzMom!!!