Super Contributor

Heaven on earth.  Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful as always. Sorry to hear about Lily. Our Satomi dogwood is currently in bloom in glorious rosy pink. 

Most of the Kousas in our neighborhood are white flowered. 

Our roses are starting their 1st flush of blooms here. The fothergillas have finished blooming & they have leafed out. Pretty soon the daylilies & Asiatic lilies will be starting.

We did have a rabbit visiting last year, but new neighbors have 2 small dogs & that might be why we haven't seen any rabbits this year on our property.

This weekend has been with intermittent rain & cooler weather than last week.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 , I'm heartbroken to hear about Lily💔.   We have talked about our dogs not long ago, ( my Lab Gabriel) and now hearing this came as a shock...im so sorry and saddened.  Lily was a great dog and you provided a wonderful life for her...im actually crying now.  I'm especially emotional because I just lost my Maltese on Easter Sunday,  so im still in grief.  

Your gardens are exotic and looks like a touch of heaven.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 

I just planted three 5 gal frost proof gardenias, four Hot Lips salvia and one fern.  Now I can barely stand up straight.  Your beautiful pictures will help spur me on tearing out ivy tomorrow.  

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1  Its so Breathtakingly Beautiful. Its a work of Love! Thank You for the tour. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess , I don't like Fall cleanup either.  We have oak leaves galore and they don't break down as you know.  After taking advice from a friend, I now mulch the leaves and use the mulch in the garden.  It is very rich and improves the soil.

I have done a lot over the last few years to consolidate gardens.  We still have a lot but it is better.  It helps to love gardening🙂.  S

Respected Contributor

Re: Garden Pics May 29/21

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT @lulu1 thank you❤️.  We are getting better every day.  S

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne , we are in the middle of a rainy cold spell.  The leaves are all out now and we reseeded the lawn so good for grass growing.

I have to go look up hot lips salvia and I love the ferns.  We are lucky enough to have lists of natural ferns on the property.

I am on the hunt for dwarf Japanese maples.  I have had some input from local gardeners so I am ready to hit the nurseries.  Day trip coming up!  S

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom  nice to see you!  I would love to see a photo of your Satomi.  I have two Kousa dogwoods, one in front and one in back.  They have only been in the ground a couple of years.  I am happy to see this Spring they look loaded.  The Satomi is too but it will be a week or longer before blooms are noticeable.

I am on the hunt for a couple of dwarf Japanese maples.  What do you think of  

Acer shirasawanum 'Moonrise', Koto-no Ito" and waterfall for Zone 5.  I have a couple of protected areas in full sun that is a good fit.  

Looking forward to your comments and/or recommendations.  S

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin , thank you.I have made a little spot in my garden in memory of Lily.  My neighbour gave me a beautiful rhodo to plant in her memory.  S