Respected Contributor

@Venezia , I wouldn't plant for Mr. Groundhog either.  I know your issue.  I am having it out with a beaver at the lake.  After taking Alberta Spruce (after hardwood trees) he started dining on my Nesting spruce which I will replace with s9mething too prickly to chew lol!  S

Respected Contributor

Beautiful. I complain on what I thought was a lot to do but nothing like yours at all.  

Enjoy and it is lovely.

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous!

and I miss seeing Lily too @Lilysmom1,

but I know you miss her most of all💞

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Beautiful garden.  You have a lot of property.  We only have about 1/2 acre I think.  Every year the leaf cleanup is massive even for that amount.  I do wish I had acreage though.

Esteemed Contributor

Just lovely, LM!  @Lilysmom1 

We have a super nice crape called "Acoma", developed by the Nat'l Arboretum here (Egolf and probably Dirr can't remember for certain).  It is in the picture beyond the volunteer redbud.  A little bird knew what Dh's favorite tree is and planted it there for us.  Beyond that is a native persimmon.  The crape has pristine white flowers late summer and is a reliable re-bloomer.  Peeling bark.  All around nice crape myrtle. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 20.00.21.png

And here is great hummingbird food and astoninshing garden color:

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 20.10.09.png

Salvia guaranitica "black and blue".  In front of that is blue pacific juniper, native sedum and columbine.  My garden is decidedly "shaggy" and natural.

My boy sends his love:

9286EFCD-DB28-4F9F-9688-D571D2983A18.jpeg

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1   Stunningly beautiful.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1  Beautiful gardens!!  I've always enjoyed your photos.  So sorry about Lily.

Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia , what a lovely shape.  It must be lovely in flower.  I would like to see that.

Blue is one of my favorited colours in the garden.  The salvia is so pretty.

Sending hugs for your handsome boy!  S

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1, Just so lovely!  Planning, work, and lots of love when into all your gorgeous garden paradise.  Your elevated sunroom reminds me so much of what we have.  A view is even better when it is elevated.

I know how deep the pain is losing an animal companion you so love.  When our kitty, also a Lily passed, we were devastated.  Never again, we thought.  Too old.  But our kids offered to take a pet we adopted if we couldn’t care for the pet.  We adopted our kitty, already named “Winston.”  He looks so much like a Maine Coon, as Lily was.  We have had him for a year now.  A love bug and gives kisses.  He makes us laugh every day.  I am sending you hugs and a kiss from Winston.  All my best.

Respected Contributor

Re: Garden Pics May 29/21

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom1 

Your gardens are stunning from all/any angle(s).

I love seeing pictures of Lily.  You will always be Lilysmom to me.Heart