Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD , our weather has been like yours, wet and cool.  We are nowhere near flowering shrubs yet.  We need some heat!

it is nice to be in the garden again.  I did a great Fall cleanup so all I am really doing is touch up here and there.

I put in an order at our Atlantic Rhodo Society.  Here is what I ordered.  Wonder if you know any of these...

Brown Eyes, rhodo

Calsap, Rhodo

Dark Lord, Rhodo

Trocadero, Rhodo

Millenium, Azalea (2)
Pinus Contorta Chief Joseph (evergreen/pine)

Ruby Stars, Japanese maple

They come the first week of May so we will be busy.  We are also prepping for some excavation lakeside to make some changes to layout.  It will be a busy season!  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 , so happy your posting here again.   I looked on the other site, Proboards and I really didn't like using it.  Also your pics aren't as nice as they are here, I couldn't blow them up and they're just harder to view.  

Beautiful pics, and your garden looks like it's off to an early start 🙂

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin , I was having issues (mine, not the site) posting photos on the other site.  I finally figured out what I did wrong!

I was out fertilizing yesterday and we moved another shrub.  Perfect time to do it.

i don't know what your weather is like but Spring here in Nova Scotia has been cold, wet and windy.  I think it is supposed to warm up next week.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 , I'm in Central Florida...the weather is beautiful here right now.  Early spring brings us cooler nights, and 70's during the day with lower humidity. By May it will be very hot.  I cut down on my planting this year, just whatever is left ill keep.   I don't like being out there when it's sweltering hot and humid. I also don't have much time anymore...im taking care of my grandson and looking after my parents...really can't keep up.  Hubby is taking over...he has a super green thumb and enjoys it, so there still be plenty of plants around. 

Nice to talk with you again 🙂

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 this is the only time of year my roses do beautifully.   Once the heat creeps up, and rain and humidity hit, the roses suffer.  I haven't added any more, and probably won't.   I replaced one of my favorites, Neptune rose, last year, and that's the only newer one.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin you have so much to do!  It is wonderful that your DH can take some of the burden off you.

I have been in transition moving from perennials to shrubs.  I have been doing this for about five years.  It is nice that you can get good color from shrubs.  Much less work.  I still have a lot to do but I enjoy it.

inhave decided to step back from volunteer work which I has been keeping me very busy these past five years.  Time for someone else to pick up some of that load.

We just booked a couple of weeks in Florida (Englewood area) for next March.  It has been awhile since we have been, spending time in South Carolina and, then, of course COVID.

Lovely to chat with you again!  Enjoy those roses while they are in their prime!  LM