Esteemed Contributor
Mousiegirl, it's first location was full sun. After reading about it some more I placed it in a woodland area where it gets morning sun. If no results by then, I will fuss no more. If it's like some of my Rhododendrons, it will accept the challenge and flower😀! LM
Honored Contributor

Another factor to no blooms on that oakleaf hydrangea, Lilysmom is that the buds got frozen with our very cold winter-- the buds are small in wintertime and as the weather warms for spring the buds start to swell-- if you get a blast of Arctic air, then the buds could freeze from it and you get no flowers in the summertime. Oakleafs bloom on the previous year's wood.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:
Mousiegirl, it's first location was full sun. After reading about it some more I placed it in a woodland area where it gets morning sun. If no results by then, I will fuss no more. If it's like some of my Rhododendrons, it will accept the challenge and flower😀! LM

I agree lily'smom, I want no fussy plants in my garden, they all have to be tough.  I say only the strong survive here and that includes everything living, lol.  Mine are beginning to flower, so will be posting pictures before too long.  I hope your plant blooms for you.