Esteemed Contributor

So I think I figured this out ... see under Jazz's "How to Resize" where I did a test run...

Yes, enough already!  LM

IMG_0724 (Small).JPGIMG_0509 (Small).JPGIMG_0510 (Small).JPGIMG_0698 (Small).JPG

Honored Contributor

I see you have Hakone grass next to a lady fern and Exbury azalea too!! (The orange flowered plant)

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Garden Photos

[ Edited ]
We have large drifts of ferns occurring naturally all over the wooded areas leading to the lake. I love them.

The azalea is Northern Lights. The grass is Japanese Forest grass ... Is Hakone the proper name?

I have much more luck with Azaleas than with Rhodos although I keep trying! LM
Honored Contributor

very pretty!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

The grass is actually called Hakonechloa macra 'Name of Cultivar'

We call it either Hakone grass or Japanese forest grass. One of my horticultural friends calls it 'Haven't a clue-a' grass! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Lovely photos Lilysmom.  I love your name.  We have a granddaughter named Lilliana Grace.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clematis 'Rosemoor' on 5' obelisk in center of my rose garden-- all blossoms are at the top; oakleaf hydrangea is to the left of photo; 'Mandarin Ice' in lower left corner; far back near garden shed on left is my mostly daylily garden.

Clematis 'Rosemoor'.JPG

Astilbe 'Red Sentinel' & Hosta 'High Society'

Astilbe 'Red Sentinel' & Hosta'High Society'.JPG

Asiatic lily 'Tiny Hope'

Asiatic Lily 'Tiny Hope'.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
The color of the clematis is gorgeous. I don't have one but think I will add one this year.

On the oak leaf hydrangea, I have moved mine for the last time. If it doesn't show some life by next year, it's gone. It is now in the forest between two granite rocks on the way to the lake. It has been in the ground six years, three in the first location, two in the second and now in its final resting place. It is the only hydrangea I couldn't get to perform and I have many.

Still very cool here. Getting a 70 degree day is not the norm. Hoping for some warmer weather soon. The grass and weeds are growing like crazy as we have had a lot of rain.

Back to weeding...
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:
The color of the clematis is gorgeous. I don't have one but think I will add one this year.

On the oak leaf hydrangea, I have moved mine for the last time. If it doesn't show some life by next year, it's gone. It is now in the forest between two granite rocks on the way to the lake. It has been in the ground six years, three in the first location, two in the second and now in its final resting place. It is the only hydrangea I couldn't get to perform and I have many.

Still very cool here. Getting a 70 degree day is not the norm. Hoping for some warmer weather soon. The grass and weeds are growing like crazy as we have had a lot of rain.

Back to weeding...

Does it get sun?  This type can be in full sun, but at least half a day is mandatory.  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

This particular clematis is a 'patio' clematis in that it doesn't get 10' and need a lot of space. Mine has been in the ground for numerous years and every year it dies down to the ground in the fall and comes back up again in the spring. I have it mulched and its in full sun.

Clematis like their roots to be mulched and be in full sun.