Honored Contributor

From autumn to winter

[ Edited ]

My front door potted plants received an update to winter/Christmas after the autumn foliage died down.  

The winter greens are cut greens that I just stuck into the soil.  I'll remove the bow after Christmas is over.

How do you like to update your potted plants?

fall after.jpggreenery pot2.jpg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Very clever idea.   Use evergreens from your yard and it's free. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Got some used stuff at the Bunny Rescue thrift..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Your pots  look lovely!...I also do same with our pots on both sides of front door and we also have a window box...Winter Greens, Boxwoods and Red Berry Branches...I use white/silver bows to finish them off and remove the bows on January 1st, although I would love to keep the bows on all Winter, as they add such an adorable touch!...What a difference these special little touches can make to our homes!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I live in the PNW and I don't really update my pots.  When I pull the annuals out I fill the frontyard pots with Costco bags of daffodils bulbs (white this year).  I used to put winter pansies in all the pots but we suddenly have rabbits so I gave up on that.  The three big pots in the back yard have tulips bulbs in them.  The rest of the patio pots have perennials (lilies, heuchera, etc) but in the summer are under an overhang so I have to haul them up a small slope so they get rain.

Honored Contributor

Re: From autumn to winter

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi

I used to do bunny rescue years ago.  They were so much more active than I ever realized bunnies could be.  (I only had them inside since I did not have a safe place for them outdoors.)

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi

I used to do bunny rescue years ago.  They were so much more active than I ever realized bunnies could be.  (I only had them inside since I did not have a safe place for them outdoors.)

@GingerPeach   Brambly Hedge in PHX has a cute little thrift store......and adoptions on Sunday.    They are VERY strict with the adoptive parents......(you can't just go and get a bunny).    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Bunnies, I realized, are just TOO cute for their own good.  I'm happy to hear that the adoptive agency is very strict.  The one I worked with was also.  Bunnies (and all animals) deserve to be with people who know what is good for them -- long-term -- and not just allow them to be taken home as a spur-of-the-moment purchase.