Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic, I'm glad it's not real too!  The hummers leave Nova Scotia mid September every year.  I record their arrival and departure annually.  They came May 12th and left Septeber 15.  I have a pair every year that keep me company in the garden.  So lovely.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom, I know.  It's like everyone forgets how to drive in snow!  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Hoovermom, I know.  It's like everyone forgets how to drive in snow!  LM

@Lilysmom:  That 1/2" is too much for us Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom, Your garden is so beautiful, even in winter.  Your sculptures are lovely.  Our snow in CT is more than we expected, and we have been so busy with household stuff we haven’t put our bird feeders up yet.  We have to take them down in the warmer weather because they attract the bears like crazy.  I think the bears are now hunkered down for the winter.  Do you have any major critter issues where you live?

Honored Contributor

In the southern part of the US there are less trucks, plows & salt to remove any snow well. So people need to be extra careful driving thru snow in the South.

Your garden pics look great as always @Lilysmom.

How did your meeting go on that commercial pathway?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT, yes, we have critter issues for sure!  We have coyotes, bears, deer, porcupines and bobcats mainly.  I have never seen a bear in our yard but our trail cam has picked up everything else.  We recently had quite a session with a porcupine climbing the Honeycrisp Apple trees.  We have a Lab so we had to chase him into the woods toward the lake.  

I live on a hill overlooking a lake.  The porcupines have a den in the woods on the way to the lake.  I have trained our dog never to go to the lake without us so it usually isn’t an issue and they stay away from the main area around the house.  DH moved the apples below and I haven’t seen them since.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, we had our first meeting.  Application deadline is June so we will spend the winter preparing.  I am hopeful that we can build a model or prototype to be implemented around the loop of our local highway.  This is a popular cycling route and we are proposing a beautification on the entry section of the highway along with cycling rest stops to cover the hour’s drive (by car).

In my career, I spent a lot of time in meetings.  I forget how much I disliked that.  There are always the naysayers who say it can’t be done.  Never mind, we will get it done.  This is a win win story so we will just climb over the hurdles and carry on.  It will be next summer before anything gets done.  In the meantime, we have much to do as it affects many businesses in the area.

LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  What beautiful pics. How is your dog's leg?

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4, she is coming along.  We continue to give her the anti inflammatory.  It seems to be helping as her limp is almost gone.  Despite the ailment, she still wants to do her morning walk, see the children and other dogs at the bus stop etc so we are glad she is healing.  She is 11 1/2 now.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@colliemom4, she is coming along.  We continue to give her the anti inflammatory.  It seems to be helping as her limp is almost gone.  Despite the ailment, she still wants to do her morning walk, see the children and other dogs at the bus stop etc so we are glad she is healing.  She is 11 1/2 now.  LM

@Lilysmom  I'm glad to hear she's on the mend. I'm sure she's a sweetheart.