Respected Contributor

Finally, after a YEAR of crazy rain here in SE VA some of my Spring plants are starting to bloom with the help of some recent dry and warm days!  i have a lovely yellow peony in bloom and some yellow Maybanks roses.  I need to enjoy them today because another round of severe rain is predicted.  I hope Spring is starting to spring in your neck of the woods!

Esteemed Contributor

Nice.  I think my peonies will break in a few days, but of course now we're heading into some rain which will just accelerate the flopping (I don't cage).  I have several neighbors walking by regularly in anticipation.

My columbine is in full bloom, and the azaleas have been stunning.  Lots of stuff coming on and vegetation is that beautiful spring green.  I've been enjoying working out there this year!

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Congrats on your anticipated bloom!  The rain here in north eastern Virginia has been alltogether too much.  You are right - it's been a YEAR of it!

Honored Contributor

Due to a garage project last year, I had to dig up & divide 8 peonies. I finally got them into the ground again in late September/early October. 

Out of the 16 divisions (2 per plant) 15 came up. I see buds on 2 plants & the rest is foliage. 1st year sleep for some of them. Divided daffodils all bloomed & the variegated sedge Carex ‘Snow Cap’ is coming up in that area too. 

I’ll be excited to see those 2 peonies bloom.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone.  Saw the sun today for the first in over a week.  It won’t last long.  Heavy rain starting tonight.  I haven’t done anything g substantial in the garden for a couple of weeks.  Much too wet.

My daffodils are Bout 2” tall.  LM