Respected Contributor

We are in SE VA - anyone else get a mow in this weekend?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: First Mow of the Season!

Maintenance provided neighborhood - ha. But we're certainly discussing landscaping ideas earlier than last year. Will most likely wait until May 1st for the small garden. Enjoy and have an early spring and long summer.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

No mow yet.

I did take the burlap off of my evergreens. I have a topiary, a weeping evergreen and a tiny Colorado. I don't cover the Austrian pine or the holly.

Valued Contributor

There is still snow in my backyard - in Colorado.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heck, no!

I'm still looking at snow.

My first cut is always in April.

edit:  but I see the weeds in the pavement are already begging for a dose of weedkiller.

Honored Contributor

W. NC  Snow blew this past week.

Honored Contributor

I was in CA last week and saw a lawnservice mowing.  Snow on the ground here in the midwest.  First mow is late April or early May.  Love the first mow.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, we're in Illinois.  My husband cut the lawn using the bagger.  He wanted to pick-up debris from the winter (leaves, pine needles, etc.).  

Also, he like it when the lawn has "stripes" after he cuts it, so we now have "stripes".

I thought it was too early to be cutting the lawn, but I must admit it does looks nice.

Trusted Contributor

Probably not fair for me to reply, but we mow almost all year around, and certainly now.  Planted some peppers and tomatoes yesterday.  The big rush now is to get everything planted or potted up before the heat sets in.

Trusted Contributor

I am on Long Island - No mowing just yet, but I did hear the landscapers doing their spring cleanups in my neighborhood.  A sure sign that spring is here for us!  We haven't had much of a winter at all and no snow is predicted at any point in the future, so everyone seems to be getting a head start on things.  I usually get my spring cleanup by the end of March.