Occasional Contributor

I purchased Cottage Farms set of miniature roses that had both yellow and pink flowers  in the same pot.  They are growing and blooming a lot.  I got Cottage Farms rose fertilizer, but I can't seem to find how often I should apply it.  Any answers or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fertilizing miniature roses

Is this Cottage Farms rose fertilizer liquid or granular? What are the 3 numbers on the container?

I would say, feed them monthly during the growing season. Keep deadheading those roses too to keep them making more flowers.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Lilysmom, I have this fertilizer also, and it is wonderful.  Philip said to use it every third watering, but I feed once a month, a nice application.

Esteemed Contributor

I do mine once a week right now along with my other roses....

Occasional Contributor

I purchased Cottage Farms rose fertilizer that has individual packets in a big plastic container.    

Thanks for the suggestion to dead head.  These are the first roses I've grown and I'm pleased with how they are doing.

Honored Contributor

@jrs wrote:

I purchased Cottage Farms rose fertilizer that has individual packets in a big plastic container.    

Thanks for the suggestion to dead head.  These are the first roses I've grown and I'm pleased with how they are doing.

It's a special formulation of 18-24-18 (N-P-K), that nourishes rose plants throughout the growing season. -- taken from item #  M17411

That is a lot of nitrogen. I prefer using a granular monthly feeding with Espoma Rose Tone-- about 1/2 Cup sprinkled around each rose-- depending of course on height and width of rose. Your miniatures would probably use a 1/4 Cup.  The N-P-K of this container bag is 4-3-2.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼