Honored Contributor

Re: Fall picture this morning,

@spot555 wrote:

I LOVE that maple tree! It's the perfect height & proportion, & COLOR- WOW.   Heart

Btw, what type of maple is it? 

@spot555  I believe it is called a lace leaf maple.  I cut mine back to give it more shape....but you can just let it grow naturally if you like

Lace Leaf Japanese Maple 

Acer Palmatum dissectum

The Lace Leaf Japanese Maple grows 6 to 9 feet tall and 8 to 12 feet wide. It is a small round shrub that forms a mound with reddish purple flowers. It blooms in April. The Lace Leaf Japanese Maple is an excellent garden plant with golden autumn colors in the fall.

Growth Rate: Slow

Soil Type: Prefers well-drained soils in sun or partial shade.

Zones: 5 to 8

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fall picture this morning

@SeaMaiden, just gorgeous!  No wonder we love Fall!  LM

Contributor

Beautiful!

Respected Contributor

Exquisite, beautifully executed. Do you do it yourself?

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Beautiful, beautiful garden and the tree is breathtaking.  Did you landscape it yourself?  Good job!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@SeaMaiden

Beautiful, beautiful garden and the tree is breathtaking.  Did you landscape it yourself?  Good job!

@pommom  Thank you so much for the nice compliment!.  We have a lot of huge fir trees in our front yard... so I landscaped it   with a Japanese theme... a riverbed of stones flowing through the trees with a bridge going over it, plants that like  the  acid soil that the fir trees create...  and black bark.  I added some Japanese style ( what my  husband calls) "Yard junk".  Japanese lanterns,  a buddha( in picture)  and other statues and birds baths and wind chimes. I love the sound of the chimes when a breeze blows.

I  enjoy the beauty year round... spring time flowers  summer flowers and then the fire and color of the yard in the fall.   Winter is just winter... not much going on.... then by March life starts to stir again... beckoning  that spring is coming.

Between  the months of November and Febuary it is so hard for me to keep positive and want to be outside... it is just wet, dark, damp and cold.