Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady, well they are calling for Flurries here Thursday in Nova Scotia.  Seems early to me.  Sorry to hear about your peonies!  We have had high wind today and some trees down in other parts of the Province but Halifax is ok as far as I know.  Hate to think of the next six cold months.  I need to get acclimatized for winter. 

I am tempted to get out my quilting project but it is too early for that.  I usually don’t start until after the leaves are done.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom  Weather all over was strange this year. Don't think anyone is ready for leaves to turn yet! And you are so right; we all need to acclimate ourselves for winter. But, how? I'm already freezing and have had the heat on since Oct. 1. Far too early for Nebraska. Mother Nature has dealt us a weird 2018. Have a feeling this winter will be a long, cold one.

Hope spring and summer 2019 are gorgeous and full of joy and lots of time outside! Am already looking forward to playing in my flowerbeds. Anxious to find new plants and dig in the dirt, again. It brings so much peace and joy. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor
@ ValuSkyr
Curious as to what you sprayed to keep deer off plants? I had only a handful of roses from 6 plants this year. I tried soaps and Bobbex with no luck. Hostas also had no chance. I have to either change plants or spray something that works.
Respected Contributor
Removed tomatoes, peppers, and sweet potatoes. Crops best the last two weeks but too cold now. Any hints on how to prepare soil for next year. Not pleased with organic fertilizers that I used this year.