Esteemed Contributor

Fall Color in the garden Sept 24/15

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Fall Color in the garden Sept 24/15

WOW - beautiful garden!  Love the dog too!  Love all the different colors and combinations - great job!  Fall is the best!  Here in Indiana we could use some more rain - I'm afraid our "fall color" isn't going to be great this year - although we've had cool evenings, not enough rain. 

Respected Contributor

Question - is this east, midwest???

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Canada's east coast ... Nova Scotia, zone 5b.

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

WOW - beautiful garden!  Love the dog too!  Love all the different colors and combinations - great job!  Fall is the best!  Here in Indiana we could use some more rain - I'm afraid our "fall color" isn't going to be great this year - although we've had cool evenings, not enough rain. 

@hoosieroriginal, the dog is my 8 year old Lab Lily.  She is my garden companion.  She follows me all around the yard because she knows at the end of the gardening, we always go for a swim.  She is a real water dog😀!  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@hoosieroriginal, the dog is my 8 year old Lab Lily.  She is my garden companion.  She follows me all around the yard because she knows at the end of the gardening, we always go for a swim.  She is a real water dog😀!  LM

She looks like a real sweetheart!  Lucky dog!

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Canada's east coast ... Nova Scotia, zone 5b.

I keep looking at your photos - love the blend of colors - the blue colored plants too.  Gave me a few ideas - thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, what zone are you in?

I love to see other people's gardens as well.  It's a great motivator and gardeners are wonderful people to share plants and knowledge.

It has been dry here this past month as well.  Great gardening weather temperature wise now.  I have already started my fall cleanup.  Lots to do.  LM

Honored Contributor

Love your gardens lilysmom, love Lily, and love your peacock.  It's wonderful how you integrated plants with the existing stones and wood, and the grasses look great!  I am trying to integrate those here and there.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl,hi!  I love the grasses too.  I lost a few last winter and have been pondering replacing one or two.  I think 'No, I won't do that' and then I see how lovely they are swaying in the wind.  Maybe just one, famous last words.  We have a lot of rocks here and I tried one plant in among the granite.  It died.  Won't do that again.  Live and learn.

My tree stump plants have all turned out very well.  The hydrangeas and thyme seem to flourish there.  DH made me a stairway into one of my gardens and I am lining it with all gold Japanese forest grass and thyme.  It is just new so it doesn't look like much yet.  I don't want to clean up too much here yet until next year because I am worried about potential erosion. I have placed little pockets of thyme aside the risers and between the grasses.  What do you think? LM

image.jpeg