Honored Contributor

Just caught sight of him at the feeders. I THINK it was a male but it’s difficult to see his neck the way the sun was hitting.

I’m in north central NJ, so this is just a bit early.

SO GLAD I was in the kitchen!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info.  NYS today best day of all - 60 and sunny.  Something told me to get the feeder up.  One year I thought it was too early and a hummer arrived flying all around the hook.  I felt terrible!  I like to be early - no leaves on trees yet and easy to see.  I really don't expect them for another 15 days but hate to disappoint them.  Thanx again

P.S. 2 wks ago happened to be in kitchen - first time ever ever here - - saw  a beautiful male pheasant  eating under bird feeder- unbelievable! 

Trusted Contributor

They are such fun to watch. Ours arrived here in North Ga about 3 weeks ago. 

Honored Contributor
I'm in Missouri, haven't seen any yet, but I brought my feeder upstairs so it will be a matter of minutes if I seen one, till the feeder is out. Otherwise I will most likely put out the feeder on Friday. Love watching the hummers.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I think "mine" are here, in the Piedmont of VA, but they are nesting (keeping a low profile).  I've seen them from the corner of my eye and have the feeder out and freshly filled.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@violann 

It probably was a male, since they come first.

I saw my first last week, which is about a week early.  Up until last year they came in around April 15.  I could almost set my calendar by their arrival.  Also, I normally got only one for about a week before any more would come.  This year there were two the first day.

I’m glad I got my feeders out early.  They’re hungry little guys!  I was rinsing off something with the hose this morning and a small puddle formed.  One hummingbird hovered around and finally came down to sit on the grass near the puddle and took a big drink. It was odd because they’re not usually that calm around people this early in the year.

Enjoy!  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my!  Sitting in the living room, just looked out the front windows - hummer!  Just now!🌺

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Mine are here year round---now they are dive bombing and fighting for the females----fill the feeder a few times a week. 

Occasional Contributor

Glad to hear that Moondance! I live in north Ga as well and haven't seen any. Send some my way...my feeder is ready!

Honored Contributor

I'm in East TN and saw one two days ago hovering around where my feeder on my front porch usually is.  I hurried and got the sugar water ready and put it out.  I put two feeders out--one on my front porch and one at my kitchen window.  I was just in the kitchen and saw one drinking from that feeder.  

I think it's amazing that they remember where to find the feeders from year to year.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau