Respected Contributor

It is so nice to have a blooming plant during the fall!  I got these from Cottage Farms.  I didn’t know what to expect planting these in a container, these are so cute!

E4B7F73C-3221-4D9A-85D3-2990D551F762.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Enjoying My Toad Lilies!!

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop  Oh yes, love the toad lilies! Your's are lovely too. We used to have some but years gone by so have they. We need to replace them because they are a great surprise this time of year.

Thanks for sharing!  If you don't mind I'm going to share your photo with Ms. Lilysmom. You may know her here as she shares her lovely garden with us here as well.

@Lilysmom 

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop How nice to have blooms this time of year. They are lovely. I haven’t bought anything from cottage farms because I wondered about the quality. Now I know.Woman Happy

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop They are one of my late summer into fall favorites. I have them in the ground paired with Hakone grass ‘Naomi’. My variety is called Tricyrtis hirta ‘Tojen’. It is a clumping vs. running variety. 

They are about finished here in the Northeast, until next spring.

Taken 3 years ago in August, 2014 Closeup of the flower:

Closeup of Tricyrtis 'Tojen' bloom.JPG

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

@BornToShop  So pretty Heart

I wish I had a green thumb like you!

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@BornToShop They are one of my late summer into fall favorites. I have them in the ground paired with Hakone grass ‘Naomi’. My variety is called Tricyrtis hirta ‘Tojen’. It is a clumping vs. running variety. 

They are about finished here in the Northeast, until next spring.

Taken 3 years ago in August, 2014 Closeup of the flower:

Closeup of Tricyrtis 'Tojen' bloom.JPG

@JustJazzmom, I am fascinated with these cuties!  Love your pic & FYI.  I am going to ck out what you referenced & then some.  They are very low maintenance as well!  

Honored Contributor

Clumping varieties are better behaved in the ground. Tricyrtis hirta and Tricyrtis formosana varieties are clump forming. Other Tricyrtiis spread by runners called stolons and are stoloniferous. But from what I have read, even the stoloniferous varieties are well behaved.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, thanks!!!  Aren't they lovely?  LM