Honored Contributor

Any one ever bought one that is good,and last? Only want to know about expandable ,not any other type please.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

DH bought a couple of those and both eventually burst when I went to use them. I'd venture that there is a material design flaw that limits their usefulness. My last one was a no expand, "lightweight" hose. So far so good on that.

Honored Contributor

I have one but it sprung a leak about the second time I used it.  Unfortunately the leak gets you wet everytime you try to water.  I am going to get some waterproof tape and see if that solves the problem.  

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest, I love the fabric hoses.  They are so light and my yard is large.  They do spring leaks but my hardware store has replaced them each time.  Those old rubber ones are so heavy!!!  LM

PS, hint, do not pull and stretch beyond their capability. 

Honored Contributor

The rubber hose is best, sears ones last years,but i fight with them every year.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest, as long as my store keeps replacing them, I am using the fabric.  Lugging the rubber around over an acre is not fun!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@goldensrbest, as long as my store keeps replacing them, I am using the fabric.  Lugging the rubber around over an acre is not fun!  LM

Your property is just lovely.

Honored Contributor

Yes we’ve had two expandable cloth water hoses and had to replace both of them with rubber hoses. They burst over time but that was several years ago so maybe they’re constructed better,

Esteemed Contributor

They leak after only several uses...

Super Contributor

I've gone thru tons of hoses during my years as a landscaper; recently I've come across the Zero-G hose and I love it! Lightweight and a 5 year warranty! I did have an issue with one of their earlier versions; contacted customer service; sent them a pic of the leaking hose and they sent me a replacement! They didn't even ask for a receipt or anything! I haven't had any issues since! Amazing customer service and I'm a customer for life!