Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

A question for those of you that have this unit. Does it attract and kill the beneficial bugs as well as the bad?  Ladybugs, bees, etc? Have you found those in the bug bin when you empty it?

@Rockycoast 

No, it does not.  It only attracts bugs that like those types of light.  I never found a bee or ladybug in any of mine--ever, and I have lots of bees.  It doesn't necessarily kill all the bugs, either.  They are attracted to the light, and get s*cked in the bin by the fan.  Some are dead, others are still alive but just trapped. And some types of bugs will fly onto the unit and never go in.

I rarely found any flies inside mine, but for some reason when I leave these units out the flies are gone from the area.  I have no idea why, but it's nice!

@geezerette   Thanks for the information.  I was thinking along the lines of flies and misquitoes for our house.

@Rockycoast 

I got my first one specifically for flies.  I have oodles of them.  Not too many mosquitoes, except at the beginning of the season or if we have an exceptionally wet cool summer.  But the flies are terrible!  And I have a dog that wants in and out constantly so my doors are open a lot.☺️

They never specifically mentioned it would work on flies so I wasn't sure it would work for them, but like I said, they just disappeared around my house with the units on.  Walk away from the house several hundred feet, and you're inundated so I know these are the cause.

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to order.  Thanks for the recommendations. 😊

Occasional Contributor

Has anyone had success with controlling Japanese Beetles with Dyna Trap?