Trusted Contributor

What is your favorite color?   Mine are the pink ones.  You get a vibrant pink when new, when they start to fade you have a softer pink, and then later they turn almost white.  Love the multiple shades.

Tried white ones this year.  They don't seem to bloom as much as the pink and red do.  Have you noticed that too?

Trusted Contributor

Have only used the red in my garden, but next spring I'll try the pink because you're right, the pink is a beautiful shade. What I love about my reds is that they are such prolific bloomers - they're never without tons of blooms. They also thrive in our hot Florida sun when other annuals wilt by 10AM. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, @CJC , I think they're the best plant.  So easy to grow and so many lovely blooms.  

I have three big planters on my patio.  I buy the dipledenia's that come in the large pot (about $20.00 here in Illinois) and just plop them out of their pot and into my big planters.  So easy and so beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop    I have no idea what this is and doubt others do either.  A picture would be helpful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I had to go to the internet to find a photo of Dipledinias. As I suspected, I have one on my patio that I bought this spring at Home Depot. I've only seen the red flowers, and that's what I have. I'm impressed with this plant because it's not at all fussy and is blooming like crazy. I just counted and have 16 blooms on mine. I have it in the sunniest area of my patio and it seems to be quite happy with that! It's really a nice, bushy plant that has such pretty flowers and requires very little attention (for me).

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624    Here you go:

Dipladenia Live Plant 3 Gallon Pink or Red image 0

Trusted Contributor

Sundaville Grand White - World's #1 Mandevilla (Dipladenia)

Trusted Contributor

Rio #10 Hanging Basket Dipladenia Flowering Annual Shrub with Red ...

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop    Very pretty but I bet they don't do well in hot, hot weather.  Are they an annual?  I'd love them if they'd grow for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

They do quite well in hot weather.  You do need to water them occassionally.  The nursery were I bought mine last summer said they are called 'boat dock' plants because of the little care they require.  I like them because they bloom all summer long and well into the fall.