Frequent Contributor

Crown of Thorns "Paradise Lady"

Crown of Thorns Paradise Lady.jpg

Botanical name: Euphorbia milli

This is my first attempt at posting a photo. This is a Crown of Thorns that I have been growing in my south window this winter. It has been blooming constantlly ever since it arrived in our home. Nice to have the flowers during the dreary winter months.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crown of Thorns "Paradise Lady"

I posted my first pic recently  also. The plant is beautiful. 

Respected Contributor

@1920712 

Nice job on the posted picture !  That is a gorgeous plant: beautiful flowers !  Is it a succulent plant ? Is it hard to grow ?

How long does a flower last ?

If I can  grow it indoors, I am willing to try !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz All that I know about it is that it is classified as 'Euphorbia milii'.  It may be a cactus, but not sure. 'Can't believe how easy it is and hardy, just be very sure to let it dry out between waterings. I do give it fertilizer about once a month (either Cactus Juice 1-7-4 or Dyna-Gro Liquid Grow 7-9-5) It loves lots of light. You must also know that the trunk is very thorny, but if you're careful, it isn't too wicked. I'm not an expert, but love to explore plants. Best wishes........dang, it jumped to bold, and I don't know how to change it

Frequent Contributor

@jlkz The flowers last a very long time, probably about a month. They will last, changing from white with pink border to pastel pink and towards the end of the bloom the pink goes to bordered green-pink. In the end, they just dry up. To get a complete description, just type: logees. It has really been growing fast and has now put out little shoots.......and they are blooming too!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your positive replies!