Esteemed Contributor

Struck out again    2018 decided to give CF one last chance.........yellow daylilies that will be happy anywhere - wet - clay soil - can't kill them according to Carolyn.  Same for white Daisy.  Not much happening after two months in a raised garden with Scott's soil - Scott's dry and wet fertilizer.  Plants sit there in full sun - watered every day by me or the rain......and they still can't muster up to expectations or promises.   

So long Phillip - it's been nice to know you!  ($33 plus $? = enough)

Honored Contributor

Re: Cottage Farms and promises

[ Edited ]

Hard to kill daylilies, i ordered the tomatoes, one died the other not doing well,never again.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Daylilies sent in the root form just develop roots and foliage the first year planted.  They won't bloom until next year.  Just be patient.  They get better every year after the first.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Cottage farms has HORRIBLE stuff.  It's just garbage.

Esteemed Contributor

My daylilies have bloomed one round and have new bloom stems coming in.  I am excited.  Sorry you lost yours, they are so pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

after many years of "hit or miss" with CF, i bought local this year....very pleased with my purchase...

Respected Contributor

I bought 2 sets of the CF 4 Piece Dwarf Fragrant Purple Lavender plants. They looked the same when I got them.

I planted them on the same day, in 2 matching buckets, in the same potting soil.

1/2 of them died & the other 1/2 just bloomed & are beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This year I bought the 6 piece daylily assortment from CF  I always buy local but decided to give this collection a try. Was about $30.  Supposed to be 2 yellow, 2 pink, and 2 apricot.  So far the 4 that have bloomed are all yellow -- no pink ones at all  The 2 apricot ones are still all foliage, no blooms, so maybe those won't bloom till next spring.  I'm in Florida so a long hot growing season.  Disappointed that CF did not send me the colors promised, but I'll be satisfied if I can just get all 6 to bloom.  CF stuff always looks so much better on TV.

Esteemed Contributor

Mind are not the colors they were labeled.  I have 3 shades from yellow to light orange.  My purple is brick red!  At least they are blooming!

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Struck out again    2018 decided to give CF one last chance.........yellow daylilies that will be happy anywhere - wet - clay soil - can't kill them according to Carolyn.  Same for white Daisy.  Not much happening after two months in a raised garden with Scott's soil - Scott's dry and wet fertilizer.  Plants sit there in full sun - watered every day by me or the rain......and they still can't muster up to expectations or promises.   

So long Phillip - it's been nice to know you!  ($33 plus $? = enough)

@fthunt  Plants bloom at a certain time, when they are programmed to, you are expecting too much in a short period of time.  Daylilies bloom at different times, some early, some mid season, some late.  All of the Cottage Farms plants I have bought, over twenty hydrangeas, over twenty roses, vegetable plants, etc., are doing wonderfully, but one has to have patience when gardening.