Trusted Contributor

Cottage Farms Yellowbird Magnolia Tree!

[ Edited ]

Back in March I ordered the yellowbird magnolia tree from Cottage Farms.  It was a waitlist order and I figured maybe I would get one, maybe not.  No big deal.  I love yellow and thought this was so pretty.  I priced yellow magnolias at several nurseries in our area and while they are larger, most were priced well over $200.00.  Well, today my tree arrived and I am super excited!  The three has to be a good 3 feet (at least).  It is healthy with lots of leaves ~ none of which fell off during shipping or unpacking.  I only ordered once before from Cottage Farms ~ a set of three Rose of Sharon bushes and had no luck.  Each one of them died, and quite honestly, they didn't look that great when they arrived.  That was years ago and what a difference!  This tree is beautiful!  Now I just need to butter up the husband so he can dig out a spot in the front yard.  This tree will be planted in memory of our Dresden.  Many of you know we lost her this past November.  Anyway, just wanted to share how happy I am.  If any of you ordered this tree I would love to hear how you like it.  Be safe this Memorial Day weekend, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: Cottage Farms Yellowbird Magnolia Tree!

If the tree doesn't work out, at that price make sure you get your money back from Cottage Farms.  I have had almost no luck with their plants, but strangely my Rose of Sharon plants are lovely from them.  They are about 6 feet high now.  I think those are about the only thing I have purchased from them that worked out for me.  I think it's sweet you are planting it in memory of Dresden.   

Valued Contributor

@Julie928, What a lovely way to honor your sweet Dresden . I hope it blooms for many years and grows to match your little babies love.You are a special person, Love is so important , it changes our  lives forever..So beautiful...Hugs ,love and it is my pleasure  to know you..Enjoy, Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

More info about it:

http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/2580/yellow-bird-magnolia/

It grows to about 40' & 25' wide.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928 What a beautiful tribute. I wish you the best of luck with your new tree. I love yellow, too. My dh and I purchased a white magnolia locally on earth day and planted it. Hopefully, it will do well. The sales lady stressed heavy watering. I put two gallons a day on it, so far so good. Best of luck to you !!  Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein