Trusted Contributor

Re: Cottage Farm & Roberta experience?

Both vendors have made good on my failures by giving refunds. What I can never get back is the time, literally hours and hours, both my husband and I spent nourishing these plants, only to have a few sparse flowers at best.

We now buy locally only.

Valued Contributor

I would also ditto the recommendations here to buy from a local nursery, if possible. Years ago, I purchased something from Roberta's and it did not fare well. Now, keep in mind that I've never professed to be a great gardener. And I think that this is part of the problem with plants and flowers being sold on TV--there's this sort of general idea that one can just plop something in the ground and it'll work. Even if you do not have a green thumb.

The local nurseries are few and far between in my area anymore. Which bums me out b/c we've received such quality products over the years from family run places. Not to mention that wonderful advice and tips and tricks that we really needed.

Super Contributor

I would buy from a local place in your area. Just wrote a review on the sick, yellow plants I received from Roberta's....very disappointed with plants. I don't think they will make it to the end of the month!!!

Honored Contributor

On 5/10/2015 Fur Dude said:

I would buy from a local place in your area. Just wrote a review on the sick, yellow plants I received from Roberta's....very disappointed with plants. I don't think they will make it to the end of the month!!!

I don't understand why some people receive horrible plants, and others, like me, receive healthy plants. I wonder if it is the weather. Be sure to report it for a refund or replacement.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy most of my plants locally, but I have purchased one or two plants from Cottage farms & Roberta's. They are all alive and have bloomed the following year, but are still very small. I hope they get a little bigger this year.

Not applicable

I just received my succulent collection for the 2nd time, cottage farms need to provide better packaging, damaged in route unable to plant. Was excited when received but disappointed in outcome.
Honored Contributor

The blackberry plants that I bought from Cottage Farms are now growing by leaps and bounds, so will post if I get the fruit promised by Philip.

Super Contributor

We ordered flowers a few years ago. When they arrived a few looked almost dead. They did survive but they never grew as beautiful, big and full like they showed on air. I will never order plants again. We have since replaced them.
New Contributor

I have seen very mixed reviews for both Roberta's and Cottage Farms. Last year the CF Sunpatiens were remarkable, so ordered them again, along with many Roberta's plants. Nearly everything was either broken, if it had any growth or just plain DOA. I got refunds on everything I purchased. I did try to plant a few from the collections that weren't as bad, but nothing grew this year. It was a lot of trouble for nothing, even though QVC was quick to refund. I just won't be taken in by how extraordinary the plants look when presented - they just disappoint, though wish that particular strain of Sunpatiens from last year had worked this year - they were fantastic, so maybe I got a bad batch this year.
Honored Contributor

Everything I ordered this year from both companies, is healthy and growing. I don't understand the inconsistency, though, that should not be.