Trusted Contributor

Bought some Cottage Farm flowers about a month ago.  It said they would double in size (be really big) by July.  They haven't done anything!  My husbands knows what he is doing in our yard so I know it is not human error.  Ha anybody had problems with Cottage Farms before?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cottage Farm Flowers

[ Edited ]

In my experience, promises of plant growth from any source are not accurate. Tags on pots, notes on seed packets saying how tall and wide something will grow...I pay no attention.  And then I'm not disappointed. 

eta...@Karenk...it isn't mid July yet. It's barely past mid May. Also consider the weather. Plants don't know calendars. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Bought some Cottage Farm flowers about a month ago.  It said they would double in size (be really big) by July.  They haven't done anything!  My husbands knows what he is doing in our yard so I know it is not human error.  Ha anybody had problems with Cottage Farms before?  

@LuvmyLab   Some plants take longer, depending on weather, soil, etc.  I have many Cottage Farms roses hydrangeas, and perennials, and all are doing well, but the Sunpatients, for instance, took much longer to grow large than was mentioned, but they eventually did.  What flowers did you buy?

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab  A lot of the growth depends on the weather. In PA, we've had a very cool spring. I just put out my tomato plants this week, and I'm sorry I did. It was in the 40's last night, and tomatoes won't really grow if the temps go below 55. You plants could be waiting for warmer weather.

Respected Contributor

I planted my Cottage Farm Sunpatiens about a month ago and they were underperforming when we left home on Saturday. They're usually much bigger by this time, but the weather's been so sketchy this Spring, I'll be happy if they're still alive when we get home. 

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl  I purchased the Sunpatients.  Our May did start out rather warm and nice but it has been cooler with rain most days so I will just give them time.  Are these flowers annuals or perrenials?  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@mousiegirl  I purchased the Sunpatients.  Our May did start out rather warm and nice but it has been cooler with rain most days so I will just give them time.  Are these flowers annuals or perrenials?  

@LuvmyLab   I am in California, Northern, so here, they can be perennials, but are usually known as annuals.

Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@LuvmyLab  In Northern Virginia they're annuals. If you plant them in the ground, you may get a few that come up the next year, but that's the exception.