Honored Contributor

When i was a kid, I found this little white round ball, picked it up and kinda squished it.  Turned out it was a spider egg sac.  Hundreds of tiny spider came out of it.  Talk about doing the crazy dance.  

I have always been terrified of spiders to the point I didn't want to visit my grandmother because her bathroom was attached to the outside of her house and there were always spiders in it. 

I know they are beneficial and since I garden I have learned to live and let live, but I still don't want to have them in the house.  Nor do I want to walk into a web.  

Esteemed Contributor

Cool! 

Honored Contributor

The ones with the really thick webs are the wolf spiders. I saw one once glistening with dew anchored to part of our magnolia tree and then to the ground. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

0doUHEe3S%in6URYhiQDoQ.jpg

I snapped this the other am.  I was juggling my dogs' leashes so it isn't perfect!

Respected Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

0doUHEe3S%in6URYhiQDoQ.jpg

I snapped this the other am.  I was juggling my dogs' leashes so it isn't perfect!

The mornings is the perfect time t get the pictures, it's such amazing work they do. Thanks for sharing. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Cool Spider Web Pic

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

When i was a kid, I found this little white round ball, picked it up and kinda squished it.  Turned out it was a spider egg sac.  Hundreds of tiny spider came out of it.  Talk about doing the crazy dance.  

I have always been terrified of spiders to the point I didn't want to visit my grandmother because her bathroom was attached to the outside of her house and there were always spiders in it. 

I know they are beneficial and since I garden I have learned to live and let live, but I still don't want to have them in the house.  Nor do I want to walk into a web.  

Oh good grief 🥺That is horrifying and would scar someone for life. I like spiders to an extent because they kill roaches I'll take spiders any day over roaches. Where I live they are giant and fly 😵

Respected Contributor

Re: Cool Spider Web Pic

[ Edited ]

@FastDogWalker2 & @Lali1 those are some cool web pictures!

Back when I worked in a hotel restaurant, there was a big spider who was spinning a massive web on the other side of the glass (outside) of our floor to ceiling windows.

Word got around, and every morning people requested to be seated facing 'the spider window' while they ate their breakfasts.

That spinning spider was fascinating to watch, and a unique way to start their day. 

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@FastDogWalker2 , that's a cool web picture!

Back when I worked in a hotel restaurant, there was a big spider who was spinning a massive web on the other side of the glass (outside) of our floor to ceiling windows.

Word got around, and every morning people requested to be seated facing 'the spider window' while they ate their breakfasts.

That spinning spider was fascinating to watch, and a unique way to start their day. 

They really are so cool to watch when they're spinning. 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lali1 

OMG! I would be vacuuming like a mad woman too, LOL!

Why? they aren't hurting you and spiders do a good job of keeping insects etc. out of our dwellings.

I'm not crazy about spiders--all those legs really creep me out--but I'm a "live and let live" person. If they don't bother me, I leave them alone.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lali1 

OMG! I would be vacuuming like a mad woman too, LOL!

Why? they aren't hurting you and spiders do a good job of keeping insects etc. out of our dwellings.

I'm not crazy about spiders--all those legs really creep me out--but I'm a "live and let live" person. If they don't bother me, I leave them alone.

What?? One or two spiders is one thing. Who wants 50 to 100 in their home? I have pets.