Occasional Contributor

Confused about cottage farms pink lighting sun patients

This weekend Saturday March 5 I was watching the 7Smiley Tonguem  Cottage Farms show. They were selling M-49027 8 pc pink lightning sunpatients collection. They were stating that they were brand-new this year. Well I purchased these last year. It was a 6 piece hot pink lightning sunpatients collection for $32 and change.  How  can it be brand-new if they sold it last year?  Just wanting to know if it is the same. I bought them anyway. 

By the way they were absolutely beautiful!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Confused about cottage farms pink lighting sun patients

By brand new, they could be referring to the configuration.  Sounds like you get more this year.  They look nice.  My green thumb is limited to a couple geraniums.

Valued Contributor

I bought them last year too and they were spectacular!

So I went for the set this year, and ordered two sets since they performed so well last year.  I was happy to see that we're gettting two extra plants in the set too. 

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

And for those interested in the traditional impatiens; look for the variety named 'Bounce' and 'Big Bounce' - these are resistant to the downy mildew fungal disease that are killing the original impatiens.

The Bounce are a cross between the New Guinea and the regular impatiens.

More info about how these came about in link below. I did have the pleasure of meeting Margaret Daughtrey at a lecture series a few years ago when she was discussing this downy mildew problem.

http://www.buffalo-niagaragardening.com/2015/05/12/shade-gardeners-new-bounce-may-be-good-alternativ...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼