Valued Contributor
I have a good-sized concrete slab a few feet from my patio that used to house a hot tub. It's no longer there and the slab is in need of help, being totally bare. When my granddaughter was little, I had a plastic pool on it, but she is 14 now. I already have a patio table and chairs on my covered patio or I could put a table with an umbrella on it on the slab. Not needed though. I am in need of someone with creative ideas to help me. I am financially strapped so it will have to be inexpensive. Thanks.
Respected Contributor

firepit

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

a gazebo? a place for planters? popup tent type thing? ignore it? new hot tub? paint a picture on it? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Concrete slab

[ Edited ]

Is it in a sunny location, or shaded?   Size? 

I'd use the space for a container garden.  Plant vegetables (or berries), annuals, or perennials.  If your winters aren't too cold, perennials will come back next year in the same containers.  Also, consider whether you'll need to protect the garden from critters - deer, rabbits, groundhogs, etc.

Super Contributor

Maybe get two adirondack chairs  (I've seen these chairs as low as $12.00 each in some stores)  and a small table. Place these on an inexpensive outdoor carpet along with a few plants. A firepit would be nice too.

decorate.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Ignore it - or put a bench there if you have no other place to sit down and enjoy the sun.  That's what I did.......years ago had a cement pad poured off back porch to stack wood for fireplace.  Not a great idea - through freezes and thaw - wood froze together.

I bought the QVC bench - picnic table (they showed last week as a special i think).....and that's what's on my empty slab.  Nice to have a sit once in a while.

Esteemed Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

Maybe get two adirondack chairs  (I've seen these chairs as low as $12.00 each in some stores)  and a small table. Place these on an inexpensive outdoor carpet along with a few plants. A firepit would be nice too.

decorate.jpeg

This looks so pretty 🥰❤️

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@lil spot wrote:

decorate.jpeg

This looks so pretty 🥰❤️

Those are very nice looking, but I find it impossible to get out of one of those chairs.

Respected Contributor

How about a cinderblock bench and table with an umbrella and planters.  There's all kinds of ideas of making things with cinderblocks on pinterest.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/154740937187006867/

I saw a story on the news that plastic swimming pools are getting hard to find.  People are not going to the pools this summer and are setting up plastic pools for families to sit in during the hot spells.  They're having pool parties in their back yards.

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

firepit

That was my first thought too...and add a few chairs around it.

DS got DH a firepit for Christmas...we got to use it a couple of times and it's very relaxing...fun for roasting marshmallows or sit around with a glass of wine.