Regular Contributor

Re: Checking in with my gardening friends...

What an amazing garden you have created!   I love your

statues,  very clever and beautiful.  Thank you for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin , when Jersey's family travels, she stays with us.  Both Lily and Jersey love the water.  Jersey carries that water frisbee around so Lily can't get it.  When she gets tired of carrying it in her mouth, she just flips it back on her neck.  Those two are hilarious.  Totally different personalities but both sweet.  We love our Labs!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD , we sure have the projects on the go this year.  I finished a path this morning and have a couple of stones to lay tomorrow and that project will be done.  We had our tree removal service in to take down a large birch tree whose roots were weakened in Dorian.  We put a new metal roof on the house and the shed and on it goes.  A good year for projects and we like to busy...or should I say I like we to be busy lol.  I am going to have to give DH a rest.  Without him, of course, there would be no gardens.

Hoping you and DH stay well. LM

Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu , no pond here as Lily would be in it all the time.  My friend has had a pond for years.  This was their solution to prey after their Koi.  They took the skeleton frame (metal only) from of a sun umbrella and placed it over the top of the pond.  They placed netting over the metal frame and that stopped the prey.  I think their issue was birds.  Somehow I think mink would be harder to deal with.  Maybe put chicken wire over it?

I get the critter issue.  Ours is beavers🙄.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite , thank you for your kind words.  The garden and the dogs have kept DH and I sane during these strange times.  We are blessed indeed!  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom   Good to see your garden again.  

What is the purple shrub in the second photo?  I don't think I have seen it before.

Is the climbing hydrangea the same you planted years ago?  If so, it is sure taking a long time for it to cover the boulder, or does it cover more later in the year?

We are heading for a brutal hot summer here, and so far wind as I have never seen before, but when it leaves, the heat comes, so I shouldn't complain.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl , nice to hear from you!  In the second photo, there is heather, Solomon's Seal and hostas...not sure which one you mean?  The first photo  that has purple is a Bloomerang lilac.  The climbing hydrangea is travelling up the huge granite boulders with the netting over it.  Photo 12 I believe.  

in photo 2 in the background I see part of a Japanese Bloodgood.  Maybe that is it?  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom  

I have missed you and was worried.  Thank you for popping in and sharing.  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom   Yes, I remember the climbing hydrangea from when you planted it, just mentioned that it is seeming to take a long time for it to climb.

This is the shrub I was asking about.

B8DC17AE-62FE-4450-A14D-40D7B10EF44A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom   Outdoor and indoor projects are great now since we're spending even more time at home. Enojy your upcoming summer, be careful with those projects, all looking good!

We are staying well, we need to. DH cannot afford to have extraneous health happenings, nor I to pass along. 

Stay safe, be well!