Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn over talking guests

On 3/20/2015 gmkb said: Carolyn is one of the best. Her voice is well modulated, probably from her radio days. She knows the products she is selling, I have never seen her behave foolishly, and she dresses well. I don't particularly care about D&Co., but watch when Carolyn hosts and will frequently purchase something because I trust her descriptions.

ITA. I rarely watch QVC anymore because of the silly, childish, pushy way the hosts function. But when I'm flipping through and see Carolyn, I often stop and watch whatever is being shown because I so enjoy her presentations. Can't say that about anyone else.

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 gmkb said: Carolyn is one of the best. Her voice is well modulated, probably from her radio days. She knows the products she is selling, I have never seen her behave foolishly, and she dresses well. I don't particularly care about D&Co., but watch when Carolyn hosts and will frequently purchase something because I trust her descriptions.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 docsgirl said:

Rick was so ramped up that he behaved and talked like he was on speed. He was beyond rude in interrupting the vendor from Roberta's. I wanted to hear what the vendor had to say about 'his product' but Rick kept butting in. The Roberta's rep even stated that he (the rep) was talking too fast. To read between the lines, I interpreted that to mean he was talking so fast in order to get a word in before Rick could interrupt. He was the same with the rep for the Bliss Zero Gravity chairs. I was interested in this chair but had to turn it off as I was learning nothing from the rep due to his speed talking and interrupting. I don't know why Q doesn't rein Rick in as he is way over the top. I'm not one to complain about the hosts, but he is way to much for me as I prefer a calm, information filled presentation with lots of details from the vendors as they know their products best. With their new return policy, I can't afford to take a chance without being an informed consumer and with his constant babbling, repeating, and interrupting I learn very little about the product and don't purchase. Just my opinion. He needs to calm down. As an aside, I'm a teacher and if I taught at the rate of speed with which he speaks, my students wouldn't be able to keep up. As a result, they would learn nothing. I'm sure parents and administrators would be on me and rightfully so. docsgirl

No one can talk as fast as Rick, and he's loud, and with the stuttering, it is beyond crazy.

Honored Contributor

On 4/28/2015 lindelou said:

Kerstin is the one I can't watch!

For me it's Courtney. I change the channel quickly.