Esteemed Contributor

I took a photo of this butterfly but I have no idea what plant/shrub he's sitting on.  It has green and white flowers.  I've tried googling it but I can't find it.  

Thanks.

DSC04789 (640x480).jpg

Honored Contributor

Could it be variegated leaf holly?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Could it be variegated leaf holly?

@Desertdi   It doesn't look like it when I google images.  Thanks for your input. 

Esteemed Contributor

Could it be a Variegated Hydrangea? The flowers look like hydrangea.

Esteemed Contributor

Ok, I finally found it.  It's called Snow On The Mountain Flowers.  

Esteemed Contributor
That's definitely NOT what we call 'Snow on the Mountain ' in these parts. What's the Latin name, @cotton4me?
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
That's definitely NOT what we call 'Snow on the Mountain ' in these parts. What's the Latin name, @cotton4me?

@x Hedge

20 SNOW ON THE MOUNTAIN Euphorbia MarginataFlower Seeds by Seedville. Snow on the Mountain makes an excellent ground cover. It will tolerate any type of soil, sun or shade, and doesn't mind being moist or dry. They even grow well in containers.  

Honored Contributor

Euphorbia are succulents, similar to sedums.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123

I enjoy taking photos of butterflies (some of your namesakes :-) - -  and all wildlife.  Do you see a lot of them where you live? Not many around our house but if I had the room I'd plant a butterfly garden.  I usually see them when I'm out at parks.

Photography helps me learn the names of things.  I had to look up the butterfly - Painted Lady, and the plant, which proved a little more difficult.    

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@butterfly123

I enjoy taking photos of butterflies (some of your namesakes :-) - -  and all wildlife.  Do you see a lot of them where you live? Not many around our house but if I had the room I'd plant a butterfly garden.  I usually see them when I'm out at parks.

Photography helps me learn the names of things.  I had to look up the butterfly - Painted Lady, and the plant, which proved a little more difficult.    

@cotton4me

My husband planted a butterfly garden for me. I wish we would have planted milkweed to attract more butterflies.

I haven't seen as many butterflies this year compared to last year.  We also have bees that enjoy the blooms.

Very strange this year at the greenhouses not having many butterflies either.