Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone ID this flower?

[ Edited ]

I appreciate any help.  I photographed it because I thought it was pretty but having trouble trying to figure out what it is.  Thanks

DSC01962.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone ID this flower?

Judging just by how the flowers are emerging on the stem I'd think maybe a crocosmia. The Plantsnap app on my phone calls it a Peregrina Jatropha integerrima. I've never heard of that, but that's what it says taking a photo of your photo. A bit of research makes me think Plantsnap is wrong, but who knows? If we could see a bit of the leaves and plant growth habit it would tell us a lot more. If it grows like a daylily with long strap lke leaves, I'd say a crocosmia.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom 

Can you help?

Contributor

I agree as it does look like Crocosmia ( Lucifer ) which is a perennial .  I have enjoyed this showy flower in my garden for several years and have divided it so now I have several  to enjoy.

Respected Contributor

You're a great photographer.  Smiley Happy

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@cotton4me   My hort degreed landscarper DH said maybe on the crocosmia id. He asked if you can back up and post a pic of the entire plant to view it, better for id purpose. He said there are many varieties of this particular plant, a more over-all shot would be better.

Esteemed Contributor

I really appreciate everyone's help.  I don't have an over all picture of the plant but here are a couple more photos that might help. 

DSC01969.JPG

DSC01984.JPG

Honored Contributor

I also vote for crocosmia.  It's a beautiful flower / plant.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes to crocosmia.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to everyone.  I looked up Crocosmia and that's what it looks like.  I really appreciate everyone's help.