Esteemed Contributor

Can Anyone identify this plant?

I found this plant growing in the front yard at my office.  I've been in this building for 10 years and this is the first time it has appeared.  Does anyone know what it might be?  IMG_2062.jpgIMG_2061.jpg

New Contributor

Re: Can Anyone identify this plant?

It looks like a snapdragon.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector   These are lovely snap dragons. Don't pull them up, they do easily resead themselves and they come in a large raibow of colors and then some.

Trusted Contributor

Those are snapdragon flowers. Very hardy. Come in lots of colors, easy to grow anywhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Those are snapdragon flowers. Very hardy. Come in lots of colors, easy to grow anywhere. 

Thank you!   

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Boehm Collector   These are lovely snap dragons. Don't pull them up, they do easily resead themselves and they come in a large raibow of colors and then some.

@PINKdogWOOD  ....  I am afraid my landscaper will get rid of it when he removes the weeds.  Can I transplant it somewhere???  

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector  There are so many types of Spapdragons. That particular type is a perennial which is bearded. Its a young plant so if your landscaper is not familar with perennials, he could confuse it with a weed as it only flowers in the spring & fall months. You could transplant it carefully if your place of business will allow it. Dig a hole wide enough, you could probably use a large spade. Take a planter with you to put the plant in....keep it moist with newspaper. Best time to tranplant in the ground is in the spring or fall on a cloudy day.

Respected Contributor

Very pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Boehm Collector  There are so many types of Spapdragons. That particular type is a perennial which is bearded. Its a young plant so if your landscaper is not familar with perennials, he could confuse it with a weed as it only flowers in the spring & fall months. You could transplant it carefully if your place of business will allow it. Dig a hole wide enough, you could probably use a large spade. Take a planter with you to put the plant in....keep it moist with newspaper. Best time to tranplant in the ground is in the spring or fall on a cloudy day.

@Kabella  .....   yes, my place of business would allow it!   I own the building where my office is located so I will give myself permission.  LOL.  I am truly grateful for your advice. Much appreciated.  Will do it within the next couple days.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes you can @Boehm Collector. Snaps are really easy to grow, come in tons of gorgeous colors, and they reseed themselves. These will bloom from spring, thru summer into fall.

Low maintenance too. Google snaps, you'll see these come in many heights too.