Esteemed Contributor

On waitlist for this?  Check out M53245...the 3-n-1 tomato and a 3-in-1 pepper plant.  Cottage Farms Bountiful Harvests Patio Duo

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

The reviews on these plants aren't so hot.  You can buy a lot of peppers and tomatoes for $38., and they're ready to eat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Yeah. Remind me...how long will my $38 worth of tomatoes and peppers last?  The reviews...not everyone writes one and there could be many reasons for poor performance.  And then there’s the guarantee. So....

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda.  So, are you buying?  If so, be sure to post a review here after your crop is harvested.

Contributor

re : todays cottage farms show: I was interested in the Heirloom tomatoes presented today. Called to order it but asked the rep if these tomatoes are non GMO the hosts and sellers never mention this. The Rep looked it up and said "no". O f course i will not purchase them at this point..... I have called in the past on food items like chicken, beef and port if they were if they were at least non GMO none of them are unless specified.

Since I prefer to buy clean non modified foods they will not come from QVC. That is sad because QVC reaches so many people there might be a good chance thaat non GMO foods would be a best seller. Wonder if anyone has the same thoughts......

Honored Contributor

Heirloom plants, fruits, vegetables and flowers,  are taken from the seed of very old plants, antiques as it were.  How could they possibly have been GMO?  They didn't modify food back in olden times.

I watched a movie last night on food production where they explained that they often modify plants because insects become immune to insecticides so they change the plant so it's not attractive to those insects thus less chemicals.  I don't understand this fear of GMOs; if they can make a plant better, I'm all for it.  They're using botany not secret space age zapping devices or other nefarious instruments.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @Kachina624 it’s inserting a specific gene into the plant. Have you ever seen purple fleshed potatoes? That is created by inserting the gene to make the red color from red cabbage into the potato.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda  Every year, I buy Cottage Farms bundle of tomatoes at zulily, also grow some from seed.  Yesterday, I bought a bundle of three plants, all patio, eggplant, chili pepper, and small tomatoes, havn't had this type before, so want to see just how many each plant produces.