Esteemed Contributor

🥬 CABBAGE 🥬

[ Edited ]

Our cabbage plants are in the same area as the Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.  They're nice and big, ready for making sour kraut, chow chow, and great coleslaw.  I'm gonna post a recipe for canning chow chow after mom and I get back from her appointment.  It only takes one large head and tastes so much better and more tender than any you'll ever find at a grocery store.  It's easy too.😃❤️🥬

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3544.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Too hot here for cabbages this time of year.  I grow minis in the winter.  

Respected Contributor

@cheriere i am having an absolute ball viewing your garden bounty. THANK YOU!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Too hot here for cabbages this time of year.  I grow minis in the winter.  

We put these out really early.  They've been ready a little while.  But, we also put out a fall garden too.  Cabbage seems to do well.😃❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@cheriere i am having an absolute ball viewing your garden bounty. THANK YOU!!

Thank you so much.  That really means a lot to me.😃❤️

I'm really glad you like to see these pics.  I've been afraid people wouldn't want to see them.❤️

Respected Contributor

Re: 🥬 CABBAGE 🥬

[ Edited ]

@cheriere  Wow! I've never seen a cabbage plant in a garden before- I've only seen cabbage in the grocery store. Beautiful vibrant green color- they look like big flowers with the big green petal leaves around the cabbage! I'd make so much coleslaw with that Smiley Very HappyHeart

Respected Contributor

@cheriere  It's my lunchtime at work and today it's a lunch at my desk day.  I like to check the forums to distract myself.  

I have commented before that I am a city girl and am amazed that you have so many flowers and fruits and veggies on your property.  It's so interesting to me to look at how stuff grows. While I do ok with flowers in a pot, a veggie garden is something I know nothing about!

Here's a story for you. The other day I bought a container of Boston lettuce you know the kind with the root on the bottom. My husband brings the container out, turned it upside down and ina panic, he wanted to know what happened to the lettuce. What's all this stuff at the bottom? I had to laugh to myself because while I am no gardener at least I knew enough to know that the lettuce was OK. However, I did read up on how to plant those roots when you're done with the lettuce. I have both root balls in a little pot outside and I haven't killed it yet!  Also, My grandson had a tiny tiny frail plant he brought from daycare last year.  My daughter said I'm gonna wind up killing whatever this is. So I took it and while it went through a rough patch, it's now 3 times it's size and someone told me it's a pea plant.  I wouldn't know but my grandson gets so excited everytime he comes over...he checks his plant!  I'll flip if this lettuce makes it 🤣.

Respected Contributor

I love cabbage, that looks wonderful.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Valued Contributor

I enjoy all of your photos so much. Thank you for taking the time to take pictures and to post. They are a feast for my eyes. May I ask what is the white on the ground around the cabbage?

Honored Contributor

@cheriere,

I enjoy all your pics  everyday, great job!

Download Artistic Summer Gif - Gif Abyss