Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@GingerPeach@Kachina624, I’ll meet you there😊.

I have staircase envy.  I have a spot where I would love to nestle that staircase into.  Some of my version of heaven would be to work in zGod’s gardens with no limitation on what I am allowed to do.  Wouldn’t that be fun!  LM

@Lilysmom  You and I and @Kachina624 shall meet there, and when we do, we will also have to connect with @dex and have tea at the Empress Hotel in downtown Victoria.  (Or at the Gardens, or even both!)  Oh, the fun we'll have.  As the Cat in the Hat would say, "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how."  And I have no doubt we do know how!

Image result for empress hotel victoria

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess@Bucharest gardens are located in Victoria which is on Vancouver Island.Vancouver is a City on the BC mainland.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachyou are all welcome to stay at my cabin which is just an hour away from Victoria.We bought the place which was an old motel more than 30 years ago with a group of friends.We each have our own half duplex on the two acre lakefront property.

Honored Contributor

I went on the Princess Margerite in the mid 70's to Buchart Gardens with family from New York. It was the end of May and it was sunny and lovely. I live NE of Seattle. Went to Anne Hathaways cottage and a few other touristy places. Would love to go again-----

Honored Contributor

That is incredibly generous of you, @dex

You just may not yet realize what doors you've opened!  (The wheels are turning.)

Image result for wheels turning in head

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@OKPrincess@Bucharest gardens are located in Victoria which is on Vancouver Island.Vancouver is a City on the BC mainland.

Ok. We stopped at Victoria as our last stop on our Alaskan Cruise. If I remember correctly we didn’t have a long time there there. We went to Vancouver for the day on one of our trips to Seattle. DH kids were stationed in Seattle (Navy). Thanks clarifying.

Honored Contributor
It's absolutely gorgeous.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Re: Butchart Gardens

[ Edited ]

There are many beautiful gardens all over the world, both private and public, but Butchart has to be in the top 10.  Perfectly maintained, just lovely everywhere you look.  (Great gift shop too with many nice things)

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@dex wrote:

Ok. We stopped at Victoria as our last stop on our Alaskan Cruise. If I remember correctly we didn’t have a long time there there. We went to Vancouver for the day on one of our trips to Seattle. DH kids were stationed in Seattle (Navy). Thanks clarifying.

My sister and I took an evening tour of Victoria in a horse-drawn wagon but there was no mention made of the gardens.  I googled the garden and found an old photo of the quarry before the gardens were built.  Seeing that makes it double remarkable.

@Lilysmom   Those steps look extremely steep, almost like a ladder.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@dex. I thought the gardens were in Vancouver City so when I was in Victoria, I didn't think to ask about them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment