Respected Contributor

Bought New Plant- Potentilla Bella Sol

Respected Contributor

Re: Bought New Plant- Potentilla Bella Sol

[ Edited ]

Here's the description.....Smiley Happy  Grows 24"- 3Ft tall & wide

Easy to grow and a delight for smaller gardens

If you want to feel inspired just one look at these luminous orange blooms will do the trick! This delightful Potentilla grows into a petite mounded shrub with medium green foliage that is positively bursting with amber gold blossoms from spring through summer.

They are pale yellow during cloudy periods and become a vivid darker orange in full sun! The blooms become even more intense with age, making this summer show season after season that you won't want to miss! As tough as it is beautiful, this easy to care for shrub tolerates temps as low as -50 degrees Fahrenheit and is hardy to zone 2. Plant in a sunny spot in the garden or in patio containers and then sit back and enjoy the beauty of this low-maintenance stunner for weeks on end.

Honored Contributor

Very pretty plant.  Where to get one?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@spot555  I really like potentilla.  I tried it years ago, but it didn't survive for me..  I may try it again and have better luck.  I love it in the pale pink, but I really like the color you purchased.

Honored Contributor

I love that plant.  The color very pretty and the foliage is nice too.  

I wonder if deer would find it tasty.  They have been munching on all of my plants including the prickly holly bushes.  I wish they could be moved to another area.  They were cute when there were only a couple.  Now there are herds and some are as big as horses.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

CARMIE-  Smiley Happy

Oh WOW, you must have good munchies in your area!

At White Flower Farms, their info says "Deer Resistance- YES". But I'm not sute if that means they'll leave it alone. 

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@spot555  I really like potentilla.  I tried it years ago, but it didn't survive for me..  I may try it again and have better luck.  I love it in the pale pink, but I really like the color you purchased.

I think this variety is supoosed to be stronger. I guess I'll find out this year....this is my first potentilla.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Very pretty plant.  Where to get one?

I bought mine at White Flower Farms (1 Gal. size pot). I got an email from Wayside Gardens with a photo of this, & I loved it. They're sold out, & the size they sold was smaller. Locally I can't usually get any of the newer varieties for a while. So, I took the plunge & ordered online.

It arrives today, so we'll see how it looks, & how well it was packed. At least the weather is very cool here, so it should be fine. 

Trusted Contributor

@spot555 they are easy to grow and very hardy, I have two of them about ten yrs. old

Trusted Contributor

@spot555  OMG 😮 That plant is beautiful!!!!  I wish I had one, too! I took another peek...stunning! Great pick.

F/N/A luvstogarden