Honored Contributor

Re: Bluebird house, i just mounted 😃

@Dazlin ............I think thats great.  Keep up the good work.

There are so many negative people and there are many on these boards.  You just have to learn to ignore them.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Dazlin ............I think thats great.  Keep up the good work.

There are so many negative people and there are many on these boards.  You just have to learn to ignore them.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

@Imaoldhippie   If you would read the entire thread you would realize that @Dazlin  does not have a problem with me and that I was not being negative.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack ..........I didnt think she did have a problem with your post.  It was not your post I commented about.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Heck, if I was a bird, would have my bags packed! Woman Happy

Denise
Respected Contributor

@Nicknack...I will try to get a pic...its pretty stubborn, so I'm able to get close.
I looked online...I'm really not sure what this bird is..has black beak unlike cowbirds..and no brown at all. I feel so bad about the bluebirds...I hope they try my new house or continue with this one...its the metal one I posted a previous pic of...getting filled with twigs. Poor birdies.
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   I hope it's okay to post this link.  There are no advertisements on this page.  I Googled birds with black beaks and got this page.  It's black colored birds, not just with black beaks.  You may find the bird here.

https://www.birdsintheyard.com/black-colored-birds.html

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack, I just looked at your link...it looks alot like the common female grackle. Idk how big those are, but this one is on the average small size, similar to cowbirds. Not like a large black crow. I know cowbirds like robbing nests.
I guess I'll try chase it away?? Thx!
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
@Nicknack, I just looked at your link...it looks alot like the common female grackle. Idk how big those are, but this one is on the average small size, similar to cowbirds. Not like a large black crow. I know cowbirds like robbing nests.
I guess I'll try chase it away?? Thx!

@Dazlin   Grackles are about the same size as mourning doves.  I haven't seen a cowbird in a long time so wasn't really sure as to their size.  I would know one if I saw it though.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin  Measure the diameter of the hole & see what diameter hole is needed for a bluebird nesting box by googling online. 

See if you can get a washer that matches the diameter of the hole of a bluebird nesting box. Once you get the washer, Krazy Glue it to the outside or if you can get it inside, glue it on the inside of that box. This will prevent that dark bird from easily gaining access inside. 

Any nesting box should not have a perch on it. That perch makes it easier for predators to land upon & stick their head into the box. 

If it was a wooden box, with a wooden perch, file it off. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@Dazlin---Do you feed your beautiful staghorn?  I had a staghorn that was about 4ft across and 3ft high.  I fed it bananas all the time.  Enjoy your birds!!!!!-----tedEbear