Honored Contributor

Re: Bluebird house, i just mounted 😃

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:
Sounds like, cant win.
Just do your best. Nature takes care of itself. Enjoy and dont let every negative possiblity stop you.

I guess I consider these forums a place to share and learn.  When I first started feeding and housing the birds I read everything I could on the subject.  I also joined a bluebird forum group.  I want to do everything I can to protect them.  It's heartbreaking to watch their home being taken over by a house sparrow or have something else happen.  To do your best you have to know what to do.  I made a lot of mistakes starting out.  I just wanted to share what I had learned.  Maybe I did the wrong thing and should make sure people want the information before I share.

My only intention is to try and help.  It's never to insult anyone.

Edited to say:  Maybe I misinterpreted your post and it wasn't a negative post.  I think I may have.  I do know you've been trying very hard, and I was only trying to help.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack Thanks for your input.........I don't think that 'snip" was necessary - probably an urge at the moment. 

When Mr. Raccoon helped himself to my bird seed  I was thankful he didn't break the feeder. ...and how much can a raccoon eat?   LOL

On my pole I use the big black 10 - 14 inch circle that's mounted with a clamp.  I can only figure Mr. raccoon would jump up to the metal circle - get his footing and hung on side of feeder.  He did no damage but could see his muddy paw prints all over the baffle - got at Amazon and other bird websites.

Thanx again.................................................

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack Now that I re-read and read again......I think that was a positive posting - - like do your best and don't give up.     We like busy backyards full of song birds and fuzzy animals...........and the birds were singing today.

Trusted Contributor

@Dazlin 

Nice pic, what beautiful property too. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  Thanks for that info, I just ordered and will receive the raccoon baffle Thursday. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

@NickNack  Thanks for that info, I just ordered and will receive the raccoon baffle Thursday. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

@godi   I'm so glad my info was helpful to you!  I know the raccoon baffle will do the trick for you.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:
Sounds like, cant win.
Just do your best. Nature takes care of itself. Enjoy and dont let every negative possiblity stop you.

I guess I consider these forums a place to share and learn.  When I first started feeding and housing the birds I read everything I could on the subject.  I also joined a bluebird forum group.  I want to do everything I can to protect them.  It's heartbreaking to watch their home being taken over by a house sparrow or have something else happen.  To do your best you have to know what to do.  I made a lot of mistakes starting out.  I just wanted to share what I had learned.  Maybe I did the wrong thing and should make sure people want the information before I share.

@NickNack...you said well, I didn't mean to down play, or insult anything you shared.  Matter of fact, I like hearing from you🙂...you are very informative.   All I was trying to say, is without a doubt, theres going to be something that deters our efforts,  but not to give up.  I'm dealing with alot birds that like taking over,(I think you read my posts), I keep trying different techniques and feeds.  I write into Wild Birds Unlimited, and Audubon Society. 

They've been very helpful.  As we speak, theres a dark colored bird, maybe blackish that's been hanging around near the bluebird nest, and I noticed a slack in activity from the bluebirds...Sunday the bluebirds literally worked all day bringing twigs into house...now comes this stranger, and seems bluebirds are being cautious.  Yes, I'm still trying to do my best., and put up a new cedar house on metal conduit.  So this is what I'm saying...always something to deal with...nothing against your reply, and please continue to share.

Meanwhile, let's be on our merry way, birding 😀🐦🐦

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@NickNack Now that I re-read and read again......I think that was a positive posting - - like do your best and don't give up.     We like busy backyards full of song birds and fuzzy animals...........and the birds were singing today.

Yes, thank you, I meant positive.   I replied to nicknack hoping she accepts I meant well.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:
Sounds like, cant win.

@NickNack...you said well, I didn't mean to down play, or insult anything you shared.  Matter of fact, I like hearing from you🙂...you are very informative.   All I was trying to say, is without a doubt, theres going to be something that deters our efforts,  but not to give up.  I'm dealing with alot birds that like taking over,(I think you read my posts), I keep trying different techniques and feeds.  I write into Wild Birds Unlimited, and Audubon Society. 

They've been very helpful.  As we speak, theres a dark colored bird, maybe blackish that's been hanging around near the bluebird nest, and I noticed a slack in activity from the bluebirds...Sunday the bluebirds literally worked all day bringing twigs into house...now comes this stranger, and seems bluebirds are being cautious.  Yes, I'm still trying to do my best., and put up a new cedar house on metal conduit.  So this is what I'm saying...always something to deal with...nothing against your reply, and please continue to share.

Meanwhile, let's be on our merry way, birding 😀🐦🐦

@Dazlin   I edited my post to you right as you were replying to me. I added a paragraph saying I think I misunderstood you.  I do understand you're trying to do the best you can do.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   If you can get a picture of the bird that's bothering the bluebird nest, maybe someone here can identify it for you.

-Henry David Thoreau