Respected Contributor

@NickNack ...I just saw the bluebirds back at same house.  She was bringing in nesting material...male sitting on top of the house.   So looks like they're on their second round of babies...so nice to see.

Have yours nested yet?

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@NickNack ...I just saw the bluebirds back at same house.  She was bringing in nesting material...male sitting on top of the house.   So looks like they're on their second round of babies...so nice to see.

Have yours nested yet?

@Dazlin   I keep watching them.  The female was still bringing nesting material in this morning.  It's such a struggle for her because she brings long sticks and can't get them in the hole.  When I saw her fly out of the nest box I ran outside and looked, and it looks like a complete nest.  

I couldn't see in the nest but when I quit seeing the nesting material I will take a picture so I can see the eggs. The male sits on top of the box a lot.  I love watching them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack , that sounds great, so fast too.   It's kinda funny what they try to bring in...mine has long strands of grassy stuff sticking out from the sides and bottom 😄.

I just put more mealworms in the feeder nearby.  I'll enjoy watching them tomorrow morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bluebird House & Feeder

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin   I'm amazed that they found the house and claimed it in two days.  They still haven't found the mealworms yet.  I did see one bird fly out of the feeder, but it was too quick for me to tell what it was.  We've had a lot of heavy rain since I put it out.

That's funny that the grass is sticking out of the sides and bottom of your feeder.  Can you see the eggs when you open the box, or do you have to use a mirror?

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack , I believe the female is still building the nest since I just noticed them going in yesterday.   I'll give her time to start laying.   Last time I was able to see the eggs if I stand on a small bench...there were 5, and all hatched and fledged.  Ill try taking a picture of the house and feeder.   I use the feeder (a blue glass dish) near their house only for mealworms and a bit of nuts and berries feed.   I do add mealworms to all the other feeders I have around and see the bluebirds will take from those as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   It sounds like we're going to have bluebird babies at the same time. ❤️

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

20210331_091555.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Bluebird House & Feeder

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin  Looks like you've got a good setup.  Here is mine.  The Bluebird is bringing nesting material today in this picture.

D4EDF990-375E-41B1-BD6B-9699EF165B97.jpeg8A538B7A-F2AC-482A-8BAD-96D61AF81CB8_1_201_a.heic

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Great shot @NickNack ...you got the birdie going in😀. Looks like a nice setup.    And do I see a cardinal on the back fence??

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

Great shot @NickNack ...you got the birdie going in😀. Looks like a nice setup.    And do I see a cardinal on the back fence??

@Dazlin   Yes, that's a cardinal.  I love cardinals.

-Henry David Thoreau